Peace or War

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hoodie, May 21, 2008.

1. Ok, this is my first real attempt at a serious contribution or some kind of blockbuster (damn right) film to The City. Enjoy.
    Could the brain be trained into thinking it believing something? Is there, by any means necessary, a way to train someone's brain into thinking it believing something, such as preferences of clothing to political stances, what they like to eat to their beliefs in religion or spirituality. It's sort of like mind control, but not really. You can force these upon someone by any means, a chemical substance that altered what you like to eat, that could have a huge impact on your diet. But the thing is that makes it not so much mind control is that once they've been infected or altered by some means they still have their own free will, they are just more drawn to become closer to the different effects. Unless there was a vaccination... (Dun Dun Dun)

Do you think this could be the way to make true "Peace on Earth"? Or could this be used as a weapon (please FBI mon I just speakin' de mind!) and be the thing that could end man.

Toke it. Think it.

2. May I twist the question slightly while trying to stick to the context...? Replace "likes" with "believing;" in other words: "Could the brain be trained into thinking it believes something?"

3. Thank you. I was pretty ripped, I just couldn't quick get it across right, so thanks for the aid. +Rep:smoking:

4. Ha... I didn't do much, I put it in a context that I, personally, felt way more easily approachable and answerable, for people are basically convinced of believing/thinking things more than we think.

5. No peace for a long long time. But its getting worse by far. Hasnt even begun to lighten up.

6. to the OP, yes. and i believe anybody who is currently pro war is the product of a successful social and mind control project funded by the govt.

i mean think about it, political propaganda over generations, along with violent media got a nation to agree with war. every time. its funny how everyone agrees with the war at first...and then realize how much war sucks.

7. If your talking about the War in Iraq remember that our basis of the war was against Afghanistan and Osama Bin Laden and was taken on a tangent to Saddam and Iraq. So really the war was justified in a way in the beginning and then the situation was abused by our president.

But yes I agree with you. People usually only think of the positive effects of war. Lets face it who really wants to think of bodies being blown apart by IEDs or heads ripped off by sniper fire?

ie approx 70% of Americans supported the War on Terror Sept 28, 2001 by Sept 2005 approx 30% supported it.

8. lol, of course. the way bin laden was portrayed and made certain to be believed to be the purpotrater was a part of the govt propaganda, social programming, 'mind control' project :wave:

9. Or he was the most likely candidate... Have you ever read Phaedo?

10. Osama Bin Laden is still under the employ of the CIA. Just stop his paychecks and see how fast he comes out of hiding..." Infidel! Where is my money?"...

But seriously, you ever notice the similarity between the look in Osama's eyes, and the look in Bush's eyes? Its like their twin sons of different mothers.

Osama bin Laden is a troll doll, who lives in a closet at Camp David. They use him as a red herring, to hide the real enemy of peace on earth.

The M.I.C.K.E.Y. M.O.U.S.E. Club.

The

M.ilitary
    I.ndustrial
    C. omplex
    K.eynote
    E.ach
    Y.ear

M.ake
    O.ur
    U.sage
    S.eem
    E.ssential

Club.

You know, the world's vampires, the weapons manufacturers and oilmen, the megalomaniacs of commerce and religion...

The Status Quo.

The ones with the flagpins on.

11. War has been around since the beggining of time. People fight and have to win. If it werent for war the US would not be here. The countries would never be formed and the weak would survive. There will always be a Hitler,Sadam,Castro and some people say Bush. I agree that it is getting out of hand but thats what happens when you have A LOT of pissed off people in the world. If every country went for peace and disarm there would be an uprise of anarcy. It's a catch 22 the people are the problem and the Gov. has to control them. Now that oil is depleating and that is the #1 income for most counties it has only begun. OIL prices go up so does the price of tea in china. Ther will be no money value anywere in the future. Glad I'll be dead maybe.
    Everybody blams the U.S. but we/they are the strongest country and we are expected to do something even if we can't afford it. GOOD OR BAD

Just my opinion but I think Bush or any past president we would still be were we are today. It's all about JUDGE JURY and EXACUTIONER and thats what the U.S. is forced to do. Thats why TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE CAME OUT. BAKA LAKA HURKA DURKA:hello: Love you all so don't hate me ;)

12. no i havent. what is it?

13. lawl the war on terror... i guess the U.S. needs to justify its enormous military founding somehow.

14. no....sadly enough the war on terror is an attempt to slowly but surely take more rights away from its own people and prepare for the NWO.