PC Wiring Question

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Insightful Eyes, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Ok, quick question. I am using this tut http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-roo...our-pc-power-supply-unit-stealth-pc-case.html (props to Mushu). My question is about the different schedules for fans and lights. Fans obviously have to be run on a 24/0 schedule and during flowering lights obviously are run on a 12/12. This isn't a problem during vegetative as everything is going to be run 24/0. But problems arise during the flowering phase. The only way I can see getting around the schedule issue is running a second powerstrip specifically for lights, plugged into the first power strip running of the PSU through a timer.

I don't have a problem with acquiring another power strip, just wondering from both PC growers/Electricity Masters here on GC if this poses any kind of problem with overheating bad wiring. Just cant get over the fact that my mom burned the idea (pun intended) into my brain that if i connected extension cord after extension cord to each other that I would burn the house down:eek:. Thanks in advance blades.

2. I splice the fans to a separate adapter and plug that in and my light is wired to a power strip inside the case. There's no real way to avoid it, as long as everything is wired properly you'll be fine.

3. [quote name='"trevronious"']I splice the fans to a separate adapter and plug that in and my light is wired to a power strip inside the case. There's no real way to avoid it, as long as everything is wired properly you'll be fine.[/quote]

How is your power strip powered? As I said I am wiring my strip to my psu using the tutorial that is in my first post. My problem is how to run both lights and fan during flowering without using a second power strip.