Pc-micro grow-cosmos

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by CapNCosmos, Sep 11, 2012.

1. First grow EVER. Give me advice and as many tips as possible.

image-2626724486.jpg

image-3490042069.jpg

image-975262710.jpg

2. New pics of the inside tomorrow.

3. In theory, could I force her to flower with a minimal number of nodes? Or does she have to be a certain size to flower?

4. HELP!!! The light fell last night and singed the edge of her leaf!!! Will she be alright?????

5. WELL, one time one of my lights fell on a plant, half of it got singed... Horribly. It survived, BUT it was quite a ways in the vegetative state. Post a picture of the sprout. As a side note it's a good idea to have your whole grow box set up before growing and it doesn't look like you do....

6. I think it'll be fine, just let it heal.

7. yeah. research other people's grows. and look at the pc boxes and how it is designed. it has to be lightproof cause during the dark period you will put her on soon needs to be total darkness, no light seeping in.

ducktape is your friend for sealing cracks up.

Try and turn your light the other way, so its perpendicular to the stem on the plant. it will get more light then. and you will have more room to grow. as well. look up Mr.bears grow and look at how he manipulates the plant to get a big yield he grew 2 plants in a pc

get some of that reflective material like i was taking about and line the casing up.

I understand its probably hard with parents. try and have everything ready for a time when they leave, or late at night.

8. [quote name='"Master Bator"']yeah. research other people's grows. and look at the pc boxes and how it is designed. it has to be lightproof cause during the dark period you will put her on soon needs to be total darkness, no light seeping in.

ducktape is your friend for sealing cracks up.

Try and turn your light the other way, so its perpendicular to the stem on the plant. it will get more light then. and you will have more room to grow. as well. look up Mr.bears grow and look at how he manipulates the plant to get a big yield he grew 2 plants in a pc

get some of that reflective material like i was taking about and line the casing up.

I understand its probably hard with parents. try and have everything ready for a time when they leave, or late at night.[/quote]

Yeah I hear yah.. My box is gtg now EXCEPT for these damn lights.

I just can't get them mounted right no matter what... They fell on the plant again earlier.

Tonight I'll have some time to work on it though.

9. Not too bad man, I wouldnt worry too much about the singed leaf, dont stress it much more you'll be ok! I'd be taking the Mobo and shit out of the computer as well! That dusty ol shit wont help lol!

10. #11 Barooph, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    For mounting the lights try using zap-straps, you may need to be sneaky with the drilling but it'll be worth it, trust me!

EDIT: this is assuming you're using a power bar (Which is also a good idea)

11. #12 Master Bator, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    Yeah. gut the computer box out. clean it. You don't want mites or spiders or fungus/mold to be around you plant.

I just have an extension cord like this

[​IMG]

i have it mounted so both outlets are exposed on either side and then i have a

one of these

[​IMG]

Plus one of these

[​IMG]

plus two of these

[​IMG]

On each side. for a total of 4 lights.

I have my extension cord mounted with just a nail (my box is wood) But a screw or bolt would work for you.

I put the nail through part of the plastic on the extension cord. I would then put 2 holes in the case and ziptie the cord from the extension cable closest to the end (where the plug ins are)

I hope that all makes sense. i wish i got a picture of my box.

I only had 1 light going for early on

now i have 2 going but the plant is still only under the one

12. Thanks for the support guys!!! I'll take pics tonight when I reset my box!

13. Could I make a micro grow in this!??

image-3209006696.jpg

It's about 1' tall, 5.5" to the back wall, and 7" wide.

Tell me what you think?

14. Would this be a fire hazard with cfls??????

15. Not so much a fire hazard as a mold/mildew hazard as well as a structural nightmare lol won't support much weight, try rubber maid containers and such, speaker boxes, get creative!

16. [quote name='"rudeboy6366"']Not so much a fire hazard as a mold/mildew hazard as well as a structural nightmare lol won't support much weight, try rubber maid containers and such, speaker boxes, get creative![/quote]

image-2476607214.jpg

image-1779673953.jpg

image-1917023816.jpg

New set up lol, way way micro

17. What was wrong with the computer case, I would love to have one I could use lol. Also if that's tinfoil you're doing more harm than good

Anyway, good luck with your grow!

18. [quote name='"Barooph"']What was wrong with the computer case, I would love to have one I could use lol. Also if that's tinfoil you're doing more harm than good

Anyway, good luck with your grow![/quote]

Lol I'm indecisive... Look at my new New set up

image-1848700297.jpg

image-3483271447.jpg

image-1100032486.jpg

image-3182543979.jpg

Hm?

19. After yesterday morning's burn (lamp fell) she hasn't shown any signs of growth....

Could she pull through?