Pc grow case help!!!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by lman15, Oct 22, 2012.

1. #1 lman15, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
    Hey,

I have a PC grow box its working dimensions are around 18 inches high, and 18 inches wide and 8 inches deep, I was planning on putting 120watts of 6500k colour temp CFL's inside, and growing one 60 day wonder auto flower using the LST method, to make most use of my space. I was going to buy that foil tape and line the entire inside of the box with it to make it reflective. There are 3 fan slots on the computer case each one is 80mm 2 located at the bottom front of the case and one located at the back in the middle.

Questions:
    1. If I use 120 watts of CFL's will that be adequate for a space of this size?
    2. To get adequate ventilation, how should I set up the fans? I know I want more output than input to create negative pressure but im unsure of where I should located the fans and which ones should be in put and output? I was debating just having a 80mm exhaust fan and that's all would that work?

2. Three 26w cfls will work out, start with 2 6400k 1 2700k untill she starts to flower, then switch to 2 2700k and 1 6400k.

Use a larger fan then intake for exhaust.

3. Any advice on getting proper ventilation within the box? I was thinking of just hooking up two 80mm comp fans and use those as exhaust fans and the intake could just be passive as the box won't be air tight does that make sense? Any advice on intake/outtake and ventilating the space properly would be helpful keep in mind at the back of the box there is one fan slot half way up and in the front there are 2 fan slots 1 in the middle and one at the bottom

4. Use 2 of then for exhaust and one for intake. If you have more intake theb Exhaust it will force smelly air out any leaks, is this going to be stealth? If you don't care about it stinking run double intake and 1 exhaust.

But.. The whole point of bigger exhaust then intake is to remove as much hot air, heat from your lights as possible. You want to keep it around 78-85.

5. My question is regarding location since the only holes for fans are in the back middle and front middle and bottom should I make the 2 exhausts at the front middle and bottom and the intake at the back middle or where should I locate the intake and outtake?

6. bro, i recommend looking into the led grow lights. my pc grow box i have. has three led purle spec grow bulbs. check out my grow on youtube. i have man pc grows on there to watch. my channel is HaierUp or HaierUp's channel - YouTube

7. #7 WickedSmoke, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
    If you go led you need to run atleast 100w from what I have read.

Place the intake low, and exhaust high. One on either end is best.

8. Use two 6 inch computer fans, one intake, on the bottom of the box and the exhaust on the top. You can fashion a carbon filter from a panty hoe, metal pencil holder. and activated charcoal. The air will be dragged over the flowers and into the filter. Also if your planning on growing a plant in 60 day time period you may want to keep the LST to a minimum to let the plant focus on one or two healthy "leaders" rather trying to produce too many heads....im saying aim for density, not amount of growing tips.