pc grow - building plan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by immapwner, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Ok so I'm going to attempt a PC grow, since it's the best way for me to grow stealthy.
    This is how I plan to build it.
    I don't have a camera, so sorry no pictures.

This is the case I bought.
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HAPPY-4-PWR&cat=CAS

Comes with a power supply installed and it's 20" tall 7.75" wide and 17.10" long
    I plan to grow 2 plants in it.

I'm going to hot glue a power strip inside to the top of one of the sides so the outlet is facing the other wall, put 6 of those things that you plug into the outlet and screw a lightbulb into in the strip and put in 6 23 watt (I think) cfl's they are 1600 lumens each together that's 9300 lumens. Too much?

It has 3 mounts for 80mm. fans. I bought 3 of the 80mm. fans and I plan to use one as the intake and 2 as the exhaust.

I'm growing in 6 inch pots. and I plan to buy foxfarm nutes and sometype of good soil, suggestions?

I plan to cut up a shiny car windshield reflector to reflect the light.
    Like this [​IMG]

Do you think that this setup will be successful?
    What problems might I run into?

2. Sounds like you got a good plan going, but don't use that car windshield thing. Mylar or reflective poly is what you need.

Also if you're planning two plants I'd say look into the lowryder strains.

3. Can I find mylar at home depot?
    That's pretty much it around here.

The first strain I'm going to grow in there is jack frost.
    Here's some info about it.
    http://www.seedsdirect.info/product_info.php?products_id=75&osCsid=b415a21349c792731bb8b81ebee13692

I would have chosen lowryder to start with but I ordered these when I thought I was going to have a big space to grow in. but that went south and the seeds should be here any day now.
    And if this grows to big I'll just flower early, but I'm going to do LST, topping, and fimming to the plants plus based on it's genetics I'm expecting it to get 14" max. so I think I'm good.

4. Yeah you should be able to find it there. Mylar is what emergency blankets are made of so look for one at Home Depot/Walmart and cut it to size. Alternatively, places like HTGSupply have rolls of Mylar or Poly you can buy online.

Sounds like you know what you're in for size constraint wise, so good luck.

5. I forgot all about emergency blankets.
    I'll see if I can find some tomorrow.
    I might do a grow journal with this because I've noticed that alot of people are curious about PC grows. I might be able to get my friend to let me use his camera for pics too.

6. Hook it up, man. I'll be watchin :smoke:

7. You can also get mylar from the party store :) Depending on how ghetto you are feeling. Buy the big mylar balloons. The inside is the shiny side you want. It's much easier to get it in rolls and cut it to size if you can find them.

8. from experiance, PC grows are tough! with limited space to grow in, its gonna get really hard to really get in there and take care of your plant, i agree with another gentleman that commented about getting lowryder seeds, my only advice to you is maybe instead of LST look into Scrog, that was my only regret after i finished my last grow in a PC

bp:cool:

9. for a pc grow you have two options, scrog or autoflowering. for a beginner, i would strongly suggest an autoflowering plant.

also, go return that pc case and buy a Full Tower ATX case (server tower) EX:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ATX-FULL-TOWER-...ACK-9-BAY_W0QQitemZ350105353312QQcmdZViewItem

its 24" tall!!
    9300 lumens is a LITTLE bit too much, i've heard over 8k is bad but im not sure on that.
    check out the nice big 85w CFL's that put out about 5500 lumens from www.1000bulbs.com

also, you need to light proof the fan holes for ultra stealth, and the plants need total darkness (unless you do autoflowering where they dont care how much light)

get a camera! :p good luck!

also, grow only one plant!!!

10. That tower isn't long enough.
    Yea I was wondering if it would be, I think I'm going to go with 4 bulbs at 6200 lumens

I think I have a good plan for light proofing the fans but I'm going to just have to try it to see if it works.