PC Grow Box: How To Hold Up Power Strip?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by cjblazer, Nov 18, 2012.

1. For those of you that are doing a pc grow can you help me out? I have no idea what to do..Ive tried using an insane amount of hot glue, tape, but the strip always falls. How do you hold up your power strip? I need do this soon because i am germinating as we speak:cool:
    thanks~chris:D

2. Do you have any pics? Can you zip-tie it somehow?

3. Velcro works for a lot of people, zip ties work really well too. Look up some pc grows I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you.

4. here ya gooo! do you think zip tying it would be best? as you can see being stealth isnt that big of a deal

Attached Files:

5. I use tie-wire for stuff like that. But with electrical equipment you just have to be careful where the wire touches. My stealth setup has all kinds of things held up with tie-wire.

6. I would drill a few holes in the side wall and zip-tie it.

7. i used shoegoo to make it hold! once dried it will never fall! you can also make light traps to make it a lil more stealth.. it made my pc 100% light proof

8. I used gorilla glue to glue a piece of wood into place..then I 'bolted' the lightstrip to the wood. You could probably just gorilla glue the powerstrip straight to the side wall.

Whatever you do make sure it's extra secure, I've seen quite a few micro grows ruined by lights falling on plants.

Remember that it's going to get hot/ cold and wet/dry ..use someth8ing that will hold over time...not just a quick setup.

9. Glue would be my absolute last choice. Seems messy and if you ever take apart your grow setup you've got a power strip covered with glue.

10. I have a heavy sucker and I did it with hot glue and it works, but these guys are right it is only if you plan on having problems, and maybe I need to gorilla glue mine.

11. use zip ties or be prepared to have an accident. just drill 4 holes and secure the strip w/ the ties. no worries.

12. Hey guys just thought i would give you an update on my box :D i went to home depot today and got some strong ass super glue and duct tape. they are my new best friends. i super glued the strip to the cardboard instead of the mylar and it seems to be holding up great...but we'll see..if all else fails ill zip tie it. but any way i added some pics and i used the duct tape to make it a little more light proof

thinking about starting a journal when my seeds germ, what do you guys think?:smoking:

Attached Files:

13. Yeah, what she said.

14. I glued 3 good size magnets to the back of the power strip, and the wall of the pc case is metal so it will stick on there pretty hard. Plus you can move them up and down to go with your plants height.

15. Fuck thats actually a really good idea homestly never would of thought of that

16. Thanks man it worked really good for me, no problems yet ;) harvested 3 plants this way.

17. I grew in the exact same kind of computer case as you...and damn that thing was small...

18. i know it is haha i was just thinking about starting with one plant, see if i can actually pull this off

19. [quote name='"PCGROWER23"']Thanks man it worked really good for me, no problems yet ;) harvested 3 plants this way.[/quote]

X2 that's a great idea

20. I see you're running 4 lights. What wattage are they (actual watts)?