PC Grow Box-Auto Blueberry Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by OgrAdaY, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hello All!

The seed im growing here is an auto flowering blueberry (Thai x Afghani somthing weird)
    I germinated it by soaking in warm water overnight, then into warm paper towel for 24 hours. Had maybe 5mm tap root after 24 hours in a paper towel, so from there i planted it in FFOF soil.

Now to the grow box...

Next the seed (in pot) went into my 18" grow box. I rubberbanded a plastic bag over the pot simulating a greenhouse environment. 48 hours later, I had a healthy looking bean sprout, with some of the seed shell still attached :)

So we will call this morning (1/14/13) Day 1-

As far as lighting, I have 3 23w CFL's of the cooler veg spectrum (cant remember which is which lol), and 1 23w of the warmer spectrum. So 92 watts, if they add.

I will be updating freequently, but here is the seedling on afternoon of day 1
    Please, Questions, comments, tips, criticism, all is welcome!! Peace and Positivity~

Attached Files:

2. lookin good so far...make sure to keep yer seedling extra close to the light so she don't stretch :)

3. Day 2
    Got her about 3 inches from the light now. I wanted to leave the bag on another day to keep humidity up as it is only about 22% in the and I feel like those lights that close can dry a seedling out a lot.

4. 1/15/13- Day 2

Good amount of overnight growth. I removed the greenhouse bag and moved her right up to the lights, about 3" away. Looks like she was trying to stretch a bit...
    Btw lights: Lights are about 16/8, Reason not 18/6 is because the box is near my bed and I like to sleep more than 6 hours lol
    Thanks for checking in! Peace and positivity~

Attached Files:

5. You may need the bag still. I just started my grow and found 2 weeks with a bag helped a lot. Also, get your light closer. You sprout is streaching a lot. Maybe add some soil to shore up the stem. I just past the 2 week point and can't believe the growth. A lot of good tips from other growers here.

6. Unfortunately I cant have the bag on and the plant 3 inches from the light. But Ive got humidity about 35% now and still adjusting it upwards so I hope it wont get too dried out. Good call on a little more soil! not sure why she stretched so much really wasn't too too far from the light ever. Im watching your grow aswell, that you for the tips! cheers

7. Update 1/17/13- Day 4

Watered this morning. Misted the walls of the case and brought hum all the way up to 52%! On to the plant...
    Not a lot of growth this past 2 days. But that tell me the plant must be focusing all of her energy into the root system!
    I hope I have eliminated the stretching problem. What do you guys think? Top of plant to bottom of light is light 2 3/4" and im not noticing any signs of burning or drying out. Thanks for checking in! Peace and Positivity~

Oh haha last pic is my Beer rig that arrived today! super stoked!

Attached Files:

8. 1/19/13- Day 6

75 F, 36% RH

Top of plant is under 2 inches from light! Looking fine, but I see a bit of purple/blue on the two newest leaves. Anyone know what thats from?

Im gonna give a healthy watering tonight as I can see the soil is drying out rather quickly. Probably do to low RH so I will continue to try and boost that. but i did see that the RH high was up to 70%! Any comments are greatly appreciated! thanks for checking in. Peace and Positivity~

Attached Files:

9. 1/21/13- Day 8

Temps were getting into the 90s (F) but now are back down to low 80s, still trying to get back down to that perfect 75. Keeping RH at about 30-35%

The fan seems to be beating up the leaves a bit but not too much, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? unless it herms you lol :)
    Seems to be looking pretty healthy though. What do you guys think for day 8?
    Peace and positivity~ thanks for reading!

10. Update 1/22/12- Day 9

Alright first off forgot to include pics in last update...obsolete now though haha.
    I think she looks good for 9 days old. I dont want to speak too soon but I think I see those pre-pre-hairs (not white but green) I would be stoked if she showed sex before 2 weeks. Also, did my first lsting this morning, pics were taken tonight. What do you think of the lst and the overall growth? Imput welcomed thanks, Positivity to ya!~

82 F, 42% RH

Attached Files:

11. subb'd

shes lookin good so far!

12. wow! I started at just about the same day as you and am way behind in terms of size. I only had 2 cfl bulbs on her until monday when I switched to 3 though.

13. 1/30/13- Day 17

Sorry there hasn't been an update in a while, been busy. I have small problem, the bottom 2 node sets of leaves have received some sort of burn/deficiency/something. If anyone knows what this is please help me solve this problem (reference pictures)

Other than that I am very happy with the growth. What do you guys think for day 17? I suppose the growth was slower this week than last, But again I think all that energy in going to the roots. Also I saw the first pistils 2 days ago on the top node and today they are visible on all nodes. I am planning on transplanting at maybe day 21. Well see if I can see any roots coming out of the bottom. I have heard Its best to transplant before flowering starts.

Got any thoughts, suggestions or other? thanks, peace and positivity!~

Attached Files:

14. I would say the yellowing is nute burn. give the soil a good rinse when you water. just water, don't fertilise

15. Thats what I was thinking, but the weird thing is its in FFOF Organic and I havent fed with anything but water. I've Already flushed the soil pretty good but will do that again on the next watering day.

I suppose its possible, since it is only affecting the bottom nodes, that a bit of soil could have been carelessly blown up onto the leaves. Thanks for your help!

16. what is ffof?

17. fox farm ocean forest

18. we don't have that in the UK so I don't know much about it, I have heard its very strong though. when you re pot mix it up with some coco fibre and perlite at a ratio of 1:1:1. that should dilute it a bit. but for now, when watering give it plenty if water, lots of run off

I don't know what you mean about the soil getting on the leaves

19. 2/2/13- Day 20

Just transplanted into a 3.2 litre container that I plan to finish in. Heres the pics for the day. Once roots have recovered in a few days i will continue lsting and top her.
    Seeing more and more pistils on the daily.

One question I have for anyone who has lsted, is it ok if the leaves touch the soil? Or will that cause a burn? Because mine is so damn bushy that half the leaves will be touching the soil.
    Thanks! Please let me know any suggestions/other, Peace and Positivity!~

Attached Files:

20. leaves can touch the soil its no issue