PC GROW: 4 weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigbrah21, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Hello GC! I've been growing my plant for roughly 2 months. I vegged for about a month, and i just completed the first four weeks of flowering. My PC case has 4 fans (2 in, 2 out) and 3 26w 2700k cfls. Temps are steady at 75-79. I want to add a fourth cfl to aid bud production. I estimate that I'm anywhere from 4 to 7 weeks out from harvest. I have been doing some LST as well as some pruning along the way. I will post weekly updates until harvest, and I ask that you guys help me out with when to cut the buds and any other tips or device as this will be my first complete grow! I do not know the strain, as this came from bagseed. I haven't struggled too much with it getting too tall so I'm thinking it is Indica dominant.

Attached Files:

2. Looking good...

3. Entering week 6 if flowering. How does she look?

Attached Files:

4. Also - when can I expect the buds to start really smelling / getting sticky? Any ideas on how far out from harvest?

5. Bumping for help!

6. #7 Space alien, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    I can only tell you what I've learned from my first grow with bagseed. One thing i learned late is if it is a seed from a random bag it usually was from a hermi plant. From what i read is it is rare to get a reg seed from a bag unless it was accidentally pollinated from a male, but usually if a breeder is trying to make seeds he will keep them all.

On when to harvest it has alot do do with the trich color. There is three different stages (colors),early stage is clear, second stage is cloudy and then amber. Closer to clear more head high and closer to amber is more of body/couchlocked high. Get ahold of a cheap 30x magnifying scope or jewelers loupe and check every couple days.

My point on the hermie thing is i had to cut mine about a week early because it hermed late in flower, so just watch it close for any little nanners in the buds. If it does you can try to pick all the nanners off but doing so you have to fondle the buds and thats never good. So i would and did just cut it.

7. Is that six weeks from pre flower or six weeks from seeing buds actually develop everything looks incredibly green for being six weeks in it just looks really light for being that far in. Usually they pack on the most weight and smell in the last two weeks. Maybe it's a sativa indica hybrid and takes ten weeks to finish? I'm hoping so. Anyways go to RadioShack and get an illuminated pocket scope for like 12$ and check the trichomes for when to harvest you want them slightly amber mostly cloudy usually

8. She looks awesome and its really cool your growing it in that pc box. Very cool.

9. Thanks space alien-it is a bag seed but everything I can tell it has been looking like a female for sure. I've been very careful about light and have a sealed dark area for it during dark cycle. I'll continue to monitor it very closely :)

10. Curtropolis420 - Very good point! The plant is roughly 6 weeks from when I originally turned on the 1212 lighting. Since actual preflowers started showing up it's probably closer to about four weeks. So I'm likely At the halfway point than any further along. I'll continue to keep you guys posted!

11. Thanks numbnutts! I've been trying to take care of her. And the box has been working out really well. I probably gotten all of my supplies to get started for under hundred dollars.

12. Hey guys! The plant is coming along very nicely! The bud sites are starting to get a lot hairier and showing a lot more size. I have also adjusted my timeline; I started flowering 12-12 six weeks ago. But the plant did not start budding until about two weeks in so I am now entering my my fifth week of flowering, 7th week of 12/12

Attached Files:

13. Bumping for advice and or commentary!!

14. #15 bsmooth24, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    looks good. check my pc grow out if u want..3 weeks into flowering, yours seems a little more just BUD and less leaves then mine, i just hope the node sites develop. I don't get what you mean 5th week of flowering and 7th week of 12/12. From what I understand when you go 12/12 your plant starts to go into flowering? Or did you just mean by changing nutes?

15. Thanks for stopping by bsmooth. I will check out your post as well. Although 1212 is flowering mode, the plant didn't actually start producing legitimate flowers until about two weeks in, and that is why I am logging mine from the time I first saw pre-flowers.

16. A little bit of nute burn from my last feeding.

Attached Files:

17. Nice job, buddy. sorry to hear about the burn

18. Day 51 of 12/12... I did a miniature flush of the soil as I was getting some nutrient burn. The buds are starting to fill in with a little bit more size as well…any thoughts on progress??

Attached Files: