PC gaming with STEAM

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ZergBong, May 3, 2011.

1. Of course theyll blame windows because theyre clueless. That doesnt make it a flaw in the OS, its a flaw in the user. Macbooks arent the only laptops with well placed fans and good heat management, and even if they were it doesnt make the ridiculous amount of cash you have to fork over for one worth it.

2. There I have found a flaw in the operating system within 10 seconds.

I have also experienced countless problems with Windows based systems throughout my entire life of using them. I am now an IT technician at my college where I help other students and teachers with computer problems when I am not in class. I believe I understand what I am talking about.

I can honestly say I have experienced zero problems with my macbook throughout the entire 360 days I have owned it. Yes they seem a bit overpriced, but you definitely get what you payed for. I have yet to experience mal-ware, ad-ware, viruses, or any of that sweet stuff. I have no firewall or any type of prevention for these things. I can also comfortably and easily run any program you can run on Windows, making it essentially useless.

When it comes down to it Mac outperforms windows in ease of use and reliability over and over again.

I believe this conversation can end and the other can once again commence.

3. Youre blind. Im done. Think whatever you want. This is going nowhere.

4. :rolleyes: mhmm

5. Ok since you want to be a punk and egg me on, here i go. Your are telling me that, because manufacturers make laptops with poor heat management, that somehow that means Windows has problems. You also assume that 3rd party drivers that cause the computer to crash because they are poorly coded means that Windows has problems. And you indirectly stated that Windows is less secure against malware, which is only true because its popularity makes it a larger target. But, like you, ive been using my computer with no protection and ive had no problems, and its been that way since i got Win7. And please stop presenting worthless information about how youve owned PCs before and youre an "IT technician" at your college, because it proves nothing.

6. dude.... i think you WANT to believe he is egging it on. You are the only one that thinks that :laughing:

To be honest, I'm a PC fan, but I'm not gonna deny that Windows has it's major flaws such as BSOD. OSx rarely has these problems, and if it is a problem, it is most certainly not from drivers like Windows. You do realize they both have their ups and downs don't you? So if OSx is not your preference, leave it alone, you don't have a bigger e-penis.

7. It proves that I deal with the many headaches associated with stupid windows programming. Those types of common driver errors are commonly associated with windows.

Here is one that I dont feel like explaining so I will let this excerpt speak for itself.

Not to mention the fact that the operating system iteself causes users to update their systems almost completely in order to run the next latest OS they create. Many mac systems from 7+ years ago could easily run the current mac OS.

8. @Tripple A, i take the eye roll and the mhm as egging on. I am able to recognize the pros and cons of both systems. @NowIsB, Drivers are 3rd party. 3rd party, 3rd party, 3rd party. I cant stress this enough. Your excerpt is true, and i will admit that. Also, mac used PowerPC processors up until 2006, so Snow Leopard will only go on systems 5 years old and newer.

9. #49 NowIsB, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011

Still, I think it would be a stretch to find a pc from '06 that would run windows 7 and be able to do much of else on the sid; gaming and things like that.

From my non-biased viewpoint mac's are overall less costly and have more to offer than pcs.

10. Theres the problem. They cost way more for the exact same hardware, and Windows is more open. Possibly open to more issues? Yes. It doesnt natively have issues, but if a programmer without much experience is hired to make drivers for a popular peripheral, problems may arise. And if you dislike Windows, theres always linux. Unix based so it has better process management, its free and open, and has a ton of free software. Just no steam...

11. ummm. OSx is Unix based

12. True, but its not free like unix/linux. And, unless you can hackintosh, you also have to pay for Mac hardware, which is the same as PC hardware except its wrapped in aluminum and has an Apple logo on it, and they charge you thousands more for it.