Pc fans and back pressure, please help!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Epicurus, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Hey blades complete noobie here trying to figure out how I'm going to control my girls odor issue. I've been doing a lot of research and it seems like I could build a carbon filter but I'm not sure which type of fan to use. I've read that pc fans will have back pressure problems, what type of fan should I use for a small 1 plant micro grow? I've read some comments saying that one should avoid using axial based fans and to use centrifugal. It is really important to be able to eliminate 99% of the odor(is this possible?). Any tips or advice would be great!

2. Have the same issue so im subbing to hoepfully get an answer too:D

3. I stack two PC fans. One is on the outside of the case, one on the inside. I made a carbon filter to fit over the end of the fan on the inside. Stacking two axial fans will increase pressure, but keep same cfm.

4. I was thinking that would help. How well does it end up masking the odor and how many CFMs do your fans pull?

5. Personally I would look past PC fans, even the strongest of them is not particularly strong. If you don't keep negative pressure inside your grow space then odor can leak out.