PC fan vent help, and fan controller question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bloodletting666, Jan 22, 2012.

1. hey gc, quick question, i am running 4 of these fans in a 2x4x8.5 ft space, the space is 5ft for flowering chamber, would 2 intake and 2 exhaust be enough if using this fan, or should i double up?
    NZXT 200mm Cooling Fan at Memory Express

also, was wondering if these pc fan controllers i have laying around would be able to be powered up to ac?
    Scythe Kaze Q12 12-Channel Fan Controller, Black at Memory Express

i would like to be able to use this, since im doing fogponic, and using a 4 inch pc fan to blow the fog, so speratelycontrolling each fan would be nice

let me know what you think grasscity!

2. For anybody who wants to know for future, I will be using a laptop power supply to power the fan controller and it will be controlling 10 fans total, 4 intake(2 for flower/veg) 4 for exhaust and two powering my blower fans to fog up my root chamber

all for about $150, so within anyones budget

3. You will get much better airflow by using all fans as exhaust and just having a passive intake (hole). The negative pressure created by all the exhaust will naturally pull in fresh air. Make sure to keep the airflow clear and unrestricted to get maximum flow :) There's really no need for an intake fan unless your intake 'hole' is too small. Just make your intakes 2x the size of the exhaust and you should be good.

4. thanks. I may use 6 for exhaust, 3 for carrying fog and maybe just 1 for making a breeze. its all wired and works great. very quiet even when on full which it never will be