Pay or no?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Hello there!, May 19, 2011.

1. So I met this girl at a very small party on Saturday night and ended up giving her my number (drunkenly forgetting to get hers lol.) So she texted me today asking if I wanted to go to a dinner party tomorrow, but I'm working, so we made plans for lunch and coffee on friday.

My question is: Should I pay for her or no? It'll be cheap, so I'm not sure if it even matters? And honestly, this will be the first actual date I've ever gone on where I wasn't already dating the girl. I've always paid before and feel like I should this time, too, but Idk if she'll get offended or anything? Or am I just overthinking this? I don't know her well enough for any of you to say 'you know her better than we do, you make the call!' because I don't really know anything about her, other than that she's cute, dances as much as I do, and seems like a fun person in general.

Any advice? What would you guys do in this situation? Thanks for taking the time to read :eek:

2. I've had it go both ways...

If she has the money upfront and decides to pay for herself, it shouldn't be unexpected nor looked at as something against you. It'll be good if you keep the money for both of you and offer, nonetheless. It would be an extremely nice gesture if you did go out of your way to pay... But I guess it's up to you and the setting.

For the first couple dates I know I always pay my half or pitch in a bit.. But some girls are much different and expect the whole "chivarly" thing from right off the first time you see one another...

:)rolleyes:)

3. I always pay for girls when I am out with them. I am old school though.

4. Should you pay - Definitely!
    Even if she insits on paying, she will see that as a very nice gesture. Probably will be a plus in her books, too.

5. Thanks for the advice! I've always just thought it would be a given that I would be the one paying, which I don't mind (until it becomes gold digging haha), but it's good to hear a female's perspective on this. If she just up and does it, that's fine; I think I'll offer first though if I get the chance. It just feels right to me. Maybe it's wrong but... :confused_2: lol

6. Thank you! That's the term I've been looking for lol

Will be kept in mind! I do plan on paying, unless she outright refuses/beats me to it haha

7. Some girls insist on paying for themselves but don't get offended when you offer. Some expect you to. The ones who get offended are usually unstable feminazis, so if she does, I'd recommend abandoning ship immediately

8. Best girls pay for you