Pax or Arizer Extreme Q?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Princefan1, Jul 5, 2012.

1. I know that they are very different, but I think it is time for me to upgrade from the Vapor Genie. I was going to get the Pax but since a lot of people have an overwhelming love of the arizer, I am stuck lol. What is everyones opinion and advice? If it helps I am giving my self a $260 budget. Thanks blades!!!

2. If you're mobile a lot and just want a simple device, probably the PAX. The Extreme Q is a desktop vape, so obvious the efficiency and added options will be much better. If you wanna sit down at home and get blown the Extreme Q would appeal to you more.

Ask yourself what you want in a vape.

3. #3 Sacerdotal, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    All I am gonna say is before you buy a vaporizer research it's components and how toxic they are. I still have not vaped but I researched many of the vaporizers on the market and what I found was that there are many that use toxic or potentially toxic materials. Keep in mind that many materials are only toxic when heated above a certain temperature. However, history shows that materials once thought of as non-toxic or toxic only above X degrees were later found to be toxic at a lower temp. You never know how tests were conducted, what did the scientists take into consideration and so on. Moreover, if you don't get sick of using a certain model does not mean that it doesn't leak toxic gases. Everyday we move through toxic environments like traffic gases and such and we don't get sick immediately but it builds up until we get some very serious degenerative illness. Be careful when you buy a vaporiser that has aluminum, teflon or plastic parts! Research how these materials react to heat and take into consideration that tests can always be manipulated or not conducted extensively. The safest option is to buy a vaporizer that has non-reactive parts like glass. You can't go wrong with glass! I don't know anything about PAX but Arizer Extreme Q seems one of the safest vaporizers in the market today and seems to have very non-reactive parts including glass.

4. I'd love to know which popular vaporizers on the market you have identified potentially toxic substances in...

5. #5 Sacerdotal, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    well, I can only say as much as POTENTIALLY toxic. So I can't know for sure if they are or not. And if I can't prove to myself that something that I am going to inhale through my entire life(or at least for years to come) is 100% safe, I am not buying it. I am not sure that naming brands would do much good, i think it would start some aggressive discussion. Moreover I have not vaped at all so it's simply a research not experiential knowledge.

I was going for a product that had teflon parts and plastic. And I started researching about teflon because I knew of the dangers. What I found was that there are some studies who find that teflon is safe until heated over X degrees and that was almost everywhere. It was almost like a fact, wikipedia said it as a fact. Later I stumbled upon some studies that found the temperature limit for non-toxicity to be way lower(325F) and some birds have died from that and stuff like that and you have to take into consideration where these parts are placed in the vaporizer and what temp they would reach so all in all it's a close call and I don't want to risk. I searched through forums and couldn't find definitive proof so I said - I am not taking the risk. No brand naming to avoid the hate of people who use those vapes :). Just spreading awareness - know your vaporizer components if they don't use glass. Plastic is a potentially toxic material but of course there are a thousand different plastic types, each with different toxic temp limit so research is the way to go... Don't risk your health! If you can't prove to yourself it's safe, don't buy it!

6. Please link me to these studies. I own a vaporizer utilizing PTFE parts so if that is the case I would love to see how they came to that conclusion. I'm not trying to get aggressive, I'm trying to verify what you are saying because I have also done my own, very thorough research and come to the conclusion that most well priced vaporizers on the market are completely safe.

7. maybe you are right, I only spent a couple of days on my research. Well, I haven't saved a link and I got some work now, just google something like "teflon 325 F birds died" and start from there... something along those lines and you would quickly find them. I hope that my doubts are unfounded and people smoke the safest vapor they can :).

8. Yeah I hope so too; I mean vaporizer aside; teflon is on pans we use to cook food and other non stick heated surfaces which get way hotter than a vaporizer does. If it was not stable at high temperatures we would have a problem

9. I'm thinking of getting the Extreme Q instead since I don't usually toke or vape on the go. Anything I need to know before I get it? And thanks everyone for the help!!

10. #10 Sacerdotal, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    We do have a problem. Teflon for cooking is toxic and many countries are considering a ban on teflon. Cooking reaches very high temps and certain toxic gases are released, find a chart with the temps and the gases released when cooked in certain temps. It's not so toxic to kill you but it builds up in your system. I mean, even Coke has toxic materials but people drink it. They put a certain acid in it to stop you from vomitting... + Aspartame that causes retardation and may cause blindness in big quantities. Toxicity is everywhere these days. Small wonder 1 in 3 people have cancer in their lifetimes. Don't cook with teflon pans. Stay safe.

11. I would say in this comparison, absolutely go for the Q. The Pax LOOKS awesome and performs well - for what it is. It is not compatible with bongs, and is much more "personal". You'll be incredibly happy having the Q, because you'll have the bags, the whip, and the ability to get a huge group of your friends blasted - easily.

12. you can put some lavender in it and let it vaporize in the room and the guests would be fascinated with the smell. The Q is really an all-around vaporizer.

13. Thanks blades!! I bought the Extreme Q (will be delivered tomorrow, so exited :)!)