Pax by Ploom vs Arizer Extreme Q

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by brockyroad, Jul 9, 2013.

1. #1 brockyroad, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    Hi everybody. Excited to be a new member and contribute. I was looking to get a new vaporizer but can't decide. I have narrowed it down to these two. I do travel a lot but I have heard that with the pax there is lots of problems. On the other hand the extreme q is good and has a bag and whip but customer sucks. I am looking for some advice on what to get for my first vape.

2. So, you've narrowed it down to an expensive portable or a run of the mill desktop... Interesting.

I have the EQ and it does its job very well, some criticize its air path but I have no issues. The bags SUCK. Takes about 3 minutes to fill one and 20-30 seconds to empty it. The whip is where it's at for me, been looking around for a small simple glass bong w/ 18mm connection to vapor-bong with.

Nothing against conduction vapes, I like my MFLB quite a lot, but they leave something to be desired in the taste department after 2-3 hits. So keep that in mind with the Pax. Being a convection vape the EQ will probably be more efficient.
    The biggest issue you hear about with the Pax is the necessity for regular cleaning.

3. Pax if you don't mind cleaning it every couple uses, if you ever owned a glass piece it's the same concept - keep it clean and it will be at the peak of taste/ performance. I've never used an EQ but plug-in vaporizers tend to produce thicker vapor then portables , but also can be loud and have long heat up times... It comes down to what your REALLY looking for, if your always out-and-about toking then get the Pax, and if your usually home toking get the EQ or some other desktop vaporizer.

4. If 7th Floor would just put a digital display on Da Budha I'd probably already own one. I have a little bit of a hard time recommending the EQ, but not for any major reason. Mine has been flawless, my only gripe is the bags are SLOW. But there are better whip vapes, both of 7th Floor's whip vapes are top notch.

I have seen alot of people who have timed it quote around about 1:53 for filling a bag with the extreme q

even if it is 3 minutes is that really a problem?

From what Ive read most people seem to only use the bags in social situations and prefer the whip when on their own.

6. My bags fill up in around 2 minutes or less on fan setting 3 (recommended even though some say 2 gives you more vapor to air, it doesn't)

EQ is the perfect vaporizer. Try to knock it, but it's perfect at everything it does.

7. This is a very odd comparison thread. This is like asking moped vs SUV...

8. Haha yes I realize that it has come to my attention that the extreme q is not for me because of the lack of discretion. I am now looking at the pax or the vapir no2.

9. The Vapir No2 is better then the Pax in my opinion, less cleaning required, digital temperature display and its only 80$ on eBay.. Ive only used one once but my Vapir One (same companys wall unit) is amazing and i've havent had prolems with it yet except the twice I combusted out of it.. :/

The EQ is NOT the perfect vaporizer.   No vaporizer is.   If anything, the EQ is a jack of all trades but a master at none.

11. #11 lessthanjeezy, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    You might wanna reach out to SSFG (Soul Shine Family Glass)...I got a nice 8" mini beaker tube from them off etsy for about $50 which works great for vapor-bongin

According to your own sig, you do not/have never owned an EQ.

Such a shame that you wasted all that money going through inferior vapes when you could have just bought an EQ from the start and have everything you ever need for a good vaping experience.

Ok, hotshot.    Here's the deal.   I've been in this vaporizer game for a very long time and have spent wayyyy too much time (look at my post count both here and at FC) communicating with not only end users of various vapes but the manufacturers and designers as well while also being a beta tester for many that are currently on the market.

While I admit that the Q is a VERY good vape in many respects, it is NOT a better whip based vape than any of the products from 7th Floor, nor is it the best bag vape on the market.   In bag mode, it takes way too long to fill as well as not having the valve systems on those bags.   In whip mode, the incoming air is sucked in and flows over the internal electronics before it reaches the heater, unlike the cleaner air path from the vapes from 7th floor where it first hits glass before the ceramic heater.

With that being said, if someone wants a vape to use both as a solo vape and as a party vape, and has limited funds to accomplish this, the Extreme Q would be an excellent choice.

The Purple Days that I had was the most efficient vape on the planet.   5 hits from 0.025gr.   The Q can't do that.
    The Buddha that I had has the cleaner air path as I described above.
    The portables I had, well they are portable and the Q is not.
    The LSV that I am currently using is one of the absolute best vapes on the market to hit through a bong or bubbler due to the all glass air AND vapor path.

So...........when you say that I wasted my money on inferior vapes, THAT statement is utterly false.

14. Thanks, I'll check them out.

:smoke: