Pax by Ploom question

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bockreef40, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Just ordered my very own pax vape. Cannot wait for it to come! I'm like a little kid the night before Christmas... Quick question though, I'm wondering if the pax vapor gives off a strong odor? I plan on using it in my dorm room so I'm trying to keep things discrete. Thanks in advance :)

2. It might be noticeable, but I assume it goes away quickly because it's vapor and all internal.

If you hold in your hits long lots of the smell given will be less. :yay:

3. yes it will smell, I have a pax, once it's in the oven and the oven heats up it gives off a smell, not as much as a lit joint but there is an odor, when pulling vapor try and hold it in as much as you can so no vape comes out, after the 6th or 7th hit it will take on a burnt popcorn smell, clean the Pax after every use it holds odor in the device, but if cleaned after every use the smell is controllable.

4. take it outside if your worried about smell, its a portable vape :wave:

also a half used load will gave off smell too.

5. it does smell but how much really differs from strain to strain. if you're vaporizing herbs that didn't have all that pungent of an odor to begin with, it doesn't seem to emit a really intense odor. generally speaking, it mostly smells like "burnt popcorn" to me but it's hard to say because i'm mostly immune to the odors at this point, as i hardly notice the fact that i wreak like chronnnnn 24/7

6. if you're really worried about smell... get a charcoal filter with an inline fan and use it to neutralize odors. this is a solid means by which to control odors that countless growers use to mask the smells of their lovely gardens.