Paul Krugman: Hypocritical Dishonesty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Runningw235, Jan 10, 2015.

1. http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/12/30/keynesians-and-the-volcker-disinflation/

Krugman, 12/31/14:

</blockquote>                                                                                                                                                                 

So what was Krugman saying about price levels in the early 80s? He so arrogantly declares his school of thought "triumphant" over others (and uses this to infer his own credibility about inflation risks at present). 

Krugman, Summers 1982:

Between 1982 and 1990 we had disinflation (a relatively lower rate of inflation) rather than his predicted, massive five point increase in CPI. I don't have a problem with this, and I don't think I have a crystal ball with future inflation rates. What is bothersome is the type of arrogant criticism and rewriting history. This makes economics, which in it's true form is non-normative and apolitical, a political pissing contest between various talking heads. 

2. Krugman makes me wish we had a purge day every year like that movie. He carries on the keynesian tradition of smug ignorance. 

3. #3 goober0331, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Academia can be very elitist and biased, Krugman seems to be more interested in being a political ideologue than being consistent.

4. Krugman is a tool.