Patriotism!

Discussion in 'General' started by someguy83, Mar 9, 2011.

1. What are your thoughts on patriotism?

Is it possible to be part of the counterculture and still be patriotic?

What does patriotism mean to you?

Do you consider yourself patriotic to your home country?

Is being patriotic towards your country the same as being loyal to your government?

Kay go!

2. pa·tri·ot
       /ˈpeɪtriət, -ˌɒt or, especially Brit., ˈpætriət/ Show Spelled[pey-tree-uht, -ot or, especially Brit., pa-tree-uht] Show IPA
    –noun
    a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

You can be counter-culture if you believe the culture is contrary to your country

Let me clear this up first

Government =/= Country

They are only representative of it. IMO the American Government does not represent its country and the values and ideals it was founded upon

Sadly today, being a patriot in America means being loyal to the government. You know what happens when people are loyal to the government?

3. Bad things!!!!

4. Fuck. the Government. i did not agree to be born into their slave trade

5. actually, fuck the government with an elephant dick. and wildebeast testes.

6. You werent?

7. excuse me for not defining "slave trade" . i meant this industrial circuit we grow up in where schools and universities produce robots, where laws are in place telling you "right" from "wrong," and most people are ignorant to the fac that they are being used as fuel to power this piece of shit system we call a modern industrial society.

8. patriotism is bein a kick ass Amurrikin

9. #9 budluver, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
    yes i am a patriot and I am loyal to my government, to a point, so long as they are loyal to the constitution, or if they pay me a lot of money.

10. The American people are great. Fuck the "government" they don't represent us. I say down with the current system and start anew.

11. Revolution! young country. its about time again

12. I have 10k rounds of 223 and 15k rounds of .308

guys wanna hang out?

13. humanity>patriotism