Passover Got Me thinking...

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by upstate, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Now I'm sure most people on here aren't Jewish, but if I'm right then everyone on here could benefit from this:

On the Jewish holiday of Passover, it's a tradition to eat whilst reclining to the right. Judaism says that reclining symbolizes freedom, but modern Jewish doctors have found another beneficial by-product: eating while reclining to the right is the healthiest way to digest your food because of how the pipes line up with your stomach.
    Now this all may seem unimportant, but I'm wondering: If it's easier and better for you to eat reclining to the right, would you also be able to take bigger rips, or have it be easier on your lungs?
    I'm may be completely wrong here, as I'm miserable with any type of science, but it's just a thought and I figured I'd share with the city!

2. The average human has 2 lungs, one on the left, one on the right.

Thats why this theory wouldnt apply to smoking, IMO if you recline, all your doing IF anything is straining that one lung more as it'd fill up first.

Im just guessing here, Im not a doctor....

3. While your lungs may be symmetrical, the pipes leading to them are not, thanks for chiming in thought, I really hope I'm right haha

4. Q. What`s the worst part about getting a lung transplant?
    A. The first couple of times you cough, it's not your phlegm. :p

5. From looking at this diagram, I don't think it will improve the airflow personally.
    [​IMG]

6. #6 getupstandup420, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
    the reason reclining to your right helps digestion is because your pipes line up, like you mentioned. the thing is, with your lungs, your pipes are already lined up. your duodenum and esophagus line up on the side and in the middle (respectively). lying on your right side helps the food to move towards the duodenum (which is set to the side). whereas with your lungs, your trachea goes straight down and ends right in the middle of your two lungs, much less of a curvy/detour path. so no, leaning on your right side doesn't help..at all. creative theory though

edit: btw, i'm jewish, dude

7. Yea I think there are quite a few Jews on here we just don't advertise it.
    I think I'll stick to smoking upright.

8. Well I guess I'm wrong, just figured it'd be an interesting topic and thanks everyone for chiming in.

Anywho, I got the munchies bigtime and I'm having matzah with homemade guacamole haha:smoking: