Passive Intake

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 5hmoe, Mar 26, 2014.

1. You should have at least 8" passive intake area. Direction doesn't matter (at least blowing out) as long as you don't restrict your ducting. 90 degree angles are  not really good, it reduces the total CFM your fan is pulling.

2. thanks dawill. My original plan was to have the fan horizontal with a 90 blowing the air out the top.. but if i can have the fan facing up blowing out the top would work best Sweet!

3. All you can do is try it that way. Worst that could happen is you have temps too high while you're testing it.

4. I have a 6" fan 700 or so cfm, hooked up to a carbon filter. That's all hanging from the cealing. And my intake hole is 6 "with a particle filter, is a foot from the floor. And I have another carbon filter on the outside of the GR. tons of fresh air pumpin in 24 seven . .
    Works great , no smell , .

5. Intake should be twice exhaust size according to the ventilation faq for optimal air flow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I just sort of guessed on the ventalation, I wish i was a pro . .
    . I know I have quite a bit of negitive pressure . I think I read that was good? That's why left it that way , I'm hopeing when i introduce co2 the negitive pressure will work in my favor .
    Thanks for clearing that up . When I read about the ventalation it seemed everyone's answers were different . .

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. Passive intake area total should be sized 2x larger than area of exhaust.

Intake cool air low and exhaust hot air up high.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gk - adding CO2 while ventilating only exhausts co2 in a wasteful manner.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1