Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passing out from smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ad80, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Hey guys, so something not that chill happened last night. I was in line at a fast food place innocently waiting for my order, when all of a sudden the spins hit me hard and my vision started to go black. I passed out, smacked my head on the counter, and woke up on the ground 10 seconds later. It literally came out of no where. I was well on my way to being sober after hitting a few bowls, and up until I got dizzy I was perfectly fine, and after I woke up I was fine again and I even ate my food. Has something similar to this happened to anyone out there? I'm a very experienced smoker and nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

2. Thays happened to me as well but it was right after I got up to use the bathroom....I was standing there gonna take a leak when I thought to my self Id better sit down before................next thing I knew Ive fallen thru my bathroom door broke it right at the bottom...........I figure I got up to fast from my dormat position sumthing to to with blood pressure 

3. Maybe your blood sugar was low? Its rare, but on occasion I'll suddenly get very dizzy and light headed. I've never passed out but it felt like I was going to. I've read that marijuana can help control blood sugar, but I'm not sure about this, nor would I rely on it to control it if you do have issues with blood sugar. If you ever feel dizzy/lightheaded out of nowhere you can try drinking a sugary drink or eating some candy, but don't overdo it or you could spike it too much. Of course you could go to a doctor, but ofcourse don't mention the marijuana unless your a medical patient.

4. That sounds more like a low blood sugar episode. Were you feeling a little shaky beforehand? I've been smoking for over twenty years and I've never passed out from just smoking. 

Do you have a fast metabolism? 

5. I too crashed through a bathroom door after going/had recently smoked.. Got super light headed and numb like. Managed to not fall over somehow but freaked me out. That was years ago an hasnt happened since.

6. Dehydration or blood pressure, happened to me before. I took a bunch a bong hits after not eating or drinking anything the whole day and passed out for a couple minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #9 BIGGUNZ, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    Sorry for the wall of text feel free to skip if you're uninterested.   I have passed out a few times after a huge hit:   

The first time: I was standing on my front porch taking this fatty bong rip and right away I could feel my throat tighten and I felt kind of light headed so I leaned over the railing to give me some support and the next thing I knew my vision was spinning, I had a huge pain in my head along with a ringing noise like a frag grenade just went off beside me. I couldn't tell where I was but I slowly came to and I was laying on the porch with my head on my gfs lap.

The second time:  I was sitting on a wooden shoe case by the back door and I took a thick white bong toke and didn't really feel anything but my throat pinched a bit so I moved my bong away from me in case I fell into it if I passed out.  Well I woke up with a huge scar on my left foot and the down stem of the bong somehow pushed through making a circular hole in the bottom of the beaker. 

The third and fourth time: I went into the kitchen at my friends place both times. (different friends, different kitchens)  I used a bong the third time and a G-bong the fourth.  Both times after the hits the next thing I remember is slowly fading in to me laying on the floor and almost having a mini heart attack because I couldn't recognize the kitchen from the angle I was at. Both times I walked back out of the kitchen dazed, confused and glad because no one had walked in and saw me unconscious on the floor LOL.

The fifth time:  I had a few friends stop by with some budder they had just bought.  I had a very deep bowl back then and my friend packed it to the top saying he put weed, budder, weed, budder so that me and him could torch half and half.  He took a long drag off of it and it looked like the cherry burned forever so when I got the bong I thought I was just finishing it off pretty much and I tried to milk it and get as much I could from the bowl (thinking it was all ash).  All I remember is my throat closing and me coughing and then seeing my girlfriend standing in front of me freaking out while surrounded by my friends.  I found out that my friend barely skimmed the bowl to only burn the little amount of weed on top and it made it look like he scorched it leaving me with all of the budder.

It hasn't happened in over a year but I always felt so embarrassed when it would happen.  I have come to the conclusion that it is most likely something along the lines of lack of oxygen because after the first time I knew I was about to pass out because I could feel it in the way my throat would feel.

8. weed lowers blood pressure, and something happened at that time that lowered it even more causing a quick head rush probably and you passed out. were you well hydrated and were you standing consecutively until you fell?