Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed out while smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iGetsNice, Apr 11, 2010.

1. #1 iGetsNice, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
    Title should be: Passed out from Smoking

Yesterday I woke up around noon. I immediatly took a shower and after I was done I smoked a joint by myself while I got some clothes on. My friends called and asked if I wanted to go get lunch. I agreed. They came to pick me up and while I was sitting in the car I began to sweat and felt like I was going to throw up so he pulled over and when I got out of the car I got a crazy headrush and I blacked out and feel into the street from the curb, hitting my chin. It was the scariest thing that has ever happend to me.

Right when I got out of the car I got this intense buzzing sound and thats all I could hear and then everything went purple and starry and thats all I can remember. I woke up to my friends asking if I wanted to go to the hospital. I said no and they brought me home but I had to go to the hospital anyways to get stitches on my chin (8 stitches and I also fractured my chin bone slightly). They took my blood and said that I was severly dehydrated and had a low blood sugar level and a high pulse (130 bpm). The reason I blacked out was because dehydration causes a high pulse and the weed made it worse and thats why I got a headrush when exiting the car. This is what the doctors told me so do you think they are correct? Have anybody else experienced this before? please share.

2. If you wound up with low blood sugar and dehydrated then it wasn't from the herb. It was from not eating properly and not drinking enough water (no NOT in the form of sugary carbonated drinks, I'm talking real water).

3. As OSG said, not the fault of the bud, but I'm sure it didn't help the situation.

4. Oh no doubt. If someone is already malnourished, dehydrated, or sick then any intoxicant will make it more likely that they'll suffer undesirable effects.

5. Rapid heartbeat only occurs in cases of severe, and I do mean, severe dehydration. How did you get that dehydrated?

Do you normally wander around toking up when you are near death:eek:

Dehydration - MayoClinic.com

Is your physician going to look into this further, to rule out adrenal gland disorders, diabetes etc.?

6. So do you think its true that dehydration causes high pulse and the weed just made it worse and thats why I got that headrush? My blood sugar wasnt extremely low. I just didnt eat anything the whole day. I was very dehydrated though because I have been only drink 1/2-1 cup of water a day. Its spring break and ive been lazy waking up at noon, drink juice instead of water, and playing COD all day.

7. The herb can make your pulse race, but that won't make you pass out.

Take better care of yourself and it won't happen again.

8. My pulse was 130-135 bpm. Is this bad? The doctor said that the normal is 80-100 bpm (I think thats what he said)

9. Can you not figure out if it's bad?
    It's beats per minute. So 130 beats per minute is beating twice a second. This is what your heart beat may be after intensive exercise. I think the average bpm is even lower than 80-100, mine is for sure.

10. A normal resting pulse varies greatly based on conditioning. Mine is around 55-60 but I've worked out for my entire life. A pulse of 80-100 is pretty much normal for a person of average conditioning who is walking around, etc.

A pulse of 130 is not bad per se. People who work out routinely get their pulse rates up much higher than that. It is not, however, 'normal' for someone who isn't really exerting themselves but it's not harmful in and of itself. It can be caused by cannabis, especially if someone has a low tolerance. Sativa dominant strains seem to have this effect more than Indica dominants.

I would also suggest, aside from keeping well fed and hydrated, that you do not overdo it with the herb.

11. One time i got super super high in a really short amount of time. I took bong hits and held it in a real long time. I was playing video games and im heart was pounding so hard. it was going 160 beats per minute and i was just sitting then i had a panic attack worst experience ever. But i got over it

12. Weird because I smoked a joint of pineapple kush which I believe is an indica (im not an expert on the whole sativa, indica, hybrid thing. I just smoke it.

I remember smoking the joint fast because it tasted awful. It was a juicy jay with a strawberry print. Could it be dehydration and lack of oxygen that caused me to pass out?

13. Could I of had a panic attack? What did you feel in your panic attack? Was it anything like what I said in the description?

14. I beg to differ... this happened twice to me when I was pretty new to smoking and I had just got onto quality herb (dank as most of you on here would call it) I smoked way too much than I could handle and just passed out. Since then I've been fine... I just got wayyy too high.

15. I saw its from not eating or drinking. Because I smoked yesterday and I felt like I was damn near bout to pass out until i took some sips of water and at some chips.

16. Could be true I guess, but the second time this happened to me we was having a BBQ and I was drinking... so - lol.

17. Yes but WHAT were you drinking? ;)

18. Think I had a couple of beers, then mainly Vimto (a fruity drink).

And I can handle drinking and smoking at certain levels, and I know those levels :)

19. Think OSG is trying to suggest that the alcohol and fruity drinks were already making you dehydrated and the effects dehydration would have were aggravated by smoking.

I once took a huge hit of dank from a gravity bong, got a headrush instantly and woke up on the floor a few seconds later, my friend was laughing his ass off when I got up.

20. Yes but the weed definitely helped, it's like he's trying to totally dismiss the fact that the weed helped him to pass out! :)