Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. Hey everyone....just checking in!

Chickydoo, I'd say you have a pretty good chance of passing this test, so long as you follow those directions I posted to start this thread.

Frostaie, I'd cut your hair to about 1.25 inches. That should be enough that they still cut your hair, and don't look for a sample from another part of your body. If you don't smoke untill after you're hired, and let your hair grow some more, it should be perfect by test time. Just take a look at my opening post. I smoked like 15 bowls on 4.20 and then had the test like 2 weeks later and passed. I'm a skinny guy so my body processes THC pretty quickly, but still.... If I did it I'm pretty sure you can to!

I like the discussions going on in this thread. Knowledge is power!! We need more results though! So, please don't forget to post when you PASS your test!!

I read a few posts where people were inquiring about whether or not chilling with smokers will give you a positive test. Unless you're getting a contact high every time, I'd say no. Keep in mind they don't test for THC thats stuck to your hair....that's not how it works. Someone could blow smoke on your hair for an hour and if you never smoked you'd pass. The test is looking for METABOLIZED thc, and that is only found as part of the hair follicle structure.

Let's keep those positive results commin' :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  2. the test is on wed at 9:00 am I have been putting my hair through a lot so hopefully i can get clean in a short amount of time my hair is pretty short now about 1.25 inches I have used apple vinegar arm and hammer laudry detergent and that pink astringent . I dont have the clearifying shampoo so hopefully doing this method 10 times in a few days can get my hair clean

3. Let me just say, I was VERY skeptical of this actually working, but to my surprise, it did! I really can't believe it. Thanks very much for posting this, Growman. Just a recap, I smoked for 9 months couple bowls a day every day, quit for 2 weeks, did the mac method one time for 3 days, then on testing day I did the mac method and bought the same shampoo/mud that growman bought, and I passed. My hair is brown, thick, and down to my lower back. As far as the shampoo/mudd that I bought, there was not enough for my whole head because I have so much hair, so I focused on the back of my head and left the top alone. Anyways, thanks again! :hello:

4. Yea sorry about updating with the results. Me and my buddy both failed horribly. It's cool though, we both found better jobs like, 2 days later.

But yea, was a no-go with us.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well...good news and bad I guess. It can't work everytime I suppose.. :( Sorry about that Fayt. At least you ended up with better jobs! It was meant to be.

CONGRATULATIONS to nervous! Way to pass your test. That's pretty much how I was when I took the test, but my hair is only an inch long. At least now we know it's possible for people with long hair to pass! Awesome!

6. Hello fellow smot pokers.

Let me start out by complimenting you guys on this forum. It has been by far the most informative resource I have found.

Fortunately, my hair follicle test is in May and I have had ample time to "ween" myself off of my daily smoking habit. Haven't smoked for 2 weeks (2.5 months to go!) and my hair will be no longer than 1.5 inches when (and if) I have to take it for a summer job. I feel confident that if I have to take it I will pass.

However, my question is this:
    I have noticed on some "Hair Detox" sites that opiates have a slightly lower success rate than detoxing THC. I take tabs occasionally (although not within the past 2 weeks) and was just wondering if this Macuj0 method works for opiates as well? It is much more difficult to find information on codeine regarding hair follicle tests, so I was just wondering if anyone has had some first hand experience or any info?

Keep those results coming guys!

7. Just checking in...

I thought time was of the essence when I first posted, but three weeks later & a court date hasn't even been set! I'm feeling pretty confident by now, as I've Maccujo'ed once a week. I've also been alternating between using my regular shampoo, Aloe Rid, and a coal tar shampoo. My hair's feeling pretty dry and disgusting, but I take that as a good sign, LOL! :)

Anyway, good luck to all and I will post again once I know more... :D

8. Took the test on 3/05/08 and got a call today from the lab saying i tested positive for THC :( I did the treatment for 3-4 days in a row at least 3 times a day and 2 times on the day of. I got my hair cut short also. I wish I would of had the money to buy specific shampoo at the head shop. I guess now they are calling my employer as we speak and telling them When I am suppose to go in tomorrow I am sure I will be fired as this was a pre employment screening. They said I would be terminated if i tested positive at any point when I was first being interviewed. I hope they believe me when i say the last time was new years eve maybe then they will set up a piss test and I can get clean for that quick or even fake it if theres not enough time. Good luck to everyone else. I was a heavy smoker so I am guessing that was a problem

• Like Like x 1
  9. hey.. advice needed. i have hair below my sholders i smoked 38 days ago and the last time b4 that was 2 1/2 yrs ago.. so is it once you smoke thats it its considered the same as smoking a whole lot and often.? i have all the ingredients to start cooking my hair , but im just worried , i start in 2 days and not sure when i have to go for the drug test yet..:confused:

10. Hi All,
    i just wanted to share my story with you because I've been freaking out for days and feel like venting!
    I'm a 32 yr. old woman who smoked weed about a month ago for the first time in about 10 years. No wa-lahh I get offered a full time position with the job I'm in. Which I love by the way! I was so f-ing elated until I found out about this hair testing. Now I'm freaking out!! I only took about 4 hits but from what I have read it really doesnt matter how much. Any truth to that??:confused:
    So I bought this Ultra Cleanse shampoo and had it overnighted. It cost a whopping 68 bucks for a tiny travel size bottle!!! I am also going to try the Macujo method. I will keep you all updated. My test is Monday the 24th. Wish me luck!!!! If anyone has any other suggetions or comments, I'd love to hear them!! Thanks and Congrats to all who have passed and good luck to all those who need to pass!! Oh and Thanks to Growman and Sickfuk for all the info!!:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  11. you should be fine considering its metabolized THC they test for and your blood stream isn't getting pumped with THC quite like us daily smokers who never take a break. I think after a month of being clean and doing the treatments you plan to you should be fine. Also I have heard bleaching your hair works but then you would have to dye it back to its original color. Good luck

12. Hi MissA ...
    Actually how much is consumed matters a great deal. Now how fast that gets metabolized and burned from your system (by body burning fat cells) also is a significant variable here. Those of us who are packing those few extra pounds will be slower at getting clean in the long run. 4 hit's is very little. Probably got ya high as hell since you haven't done this in 10 years but honestly that is very little. I think your plan (Using the Ultra Cleanse w/ Mac Method) is a good one and I have 'high' hopes you'll pass this with flying colors!

13. Man that SUCKS. Really sorry to hear this man. I guess the frequency of your usage bit ya in the ass. That's really dissappointing.

Fayt... to you too man really sorry to hear this didn't work out.

Looks like a few of you have gotten though this though! Good job to you guys!! Smoke Em if Ya Got Em folks!

14. Hello. Thanks for the quick replies FrostAie and Sik_fuk! To Oops Bunny, I've heard a couple of good outcomes from people using the shampoo. Like I said before I am trying the ultra cleanse. A big worry of mine is that I have long hair and I'll be lucky to be able to shampoo twice with the tiny bottle I recieved! The two people I talked to who passed are men with short hair. I also forgot to say I have been using the Aloe Rid Shampoo too. I couldnt get the Treatment so I settled for the shampoo. Most people I've talked talked to agreed that because of the small amount I should be ok. Unfortunately I dont feel any better,YET!
    Oh by the way Sik_fuk, 4 hits after 10 or so years and YEP, I was high as a kite!! I laughed for about 30 minutes straight!! But dammit I'm not laughing now!! uuhhgg!!
    Ok,5 more days till the test. I'll keep ya posted!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. So after all the worrying I did, I got news today that I wouldn't be getting my job afterall. So the good news is NO TEST!! Bad news is NO Promotion! I do get to keep my current position though so that is ok. So sorry I wont be able to let anyone know about the results of using the shampoo and Macujo. But I will be checking in on ya all. Thanks and good luck to all!:D

16. Hello. I am in a similar position to what many of you have been in or are in right now. I was overjoyed to find a thread on the topic that is still active and is so friendly and informative. I am here for insight and to become another example in the discussion.

My situation is as follows:

I am a 21 year old, white male. 6' tall, 145 pounds. I have brown hair that is cut into a faux-hawk, with about 1.5 inches on top. I run between 3 and 5 miles at least five times a week. I have very little body fat and a fast metabolism.

On the evening of March 8 and the morning of March 9, I smoked a bit of pot, probably between 12 and 20 hits over the course of 12 hours. That was the first time that I had smoked in two years. I have not smoked since. I am pretty sure that what I partook in had an extremely low THC content. I was not near as high as I should have been after smoking that much after such a long period of abstinence. I should have been a giggling mess and I was not. I also know that the weed was bought at a ridiculously low price.

I have a job lined up for which I will be required to submit to a drug screening. I am not sure yet whether it will be a urinalysis or a Hair test. The company's website is quite vague, and at different points mentions both types of samples. It says that the cost of the test is approximately $45, if that's any help in guessing the nature of the test.

I am not worried about passing a urine test. As I said, I run nearly every day and have little body fat. I also drink a lot of water and eat a relatively healthy diet. I haven't taken a home test, but would certainly imagine that all traces of THC and its metabolites are already out of my body. It's been two and a half weeks.

However, I am a bit concerned about a hair test. The test could be in as little as two weeks. It could also be as far away as five weeks. The details of the test have not yet been discussed and I imagine that such questions would be innappropriate to ask a prospective employer.

My inquries are this:

First, I was curious if anyone had a guess as to the costs of different tests so I might have an estimate of what I'm in for.

Second, it seems like the MacCuj0 method has enjoyed an over 50% success rate, at least on this thread. I am interested in trying it. Several people have reported doing it multiple times. However, is it supposed to completely clean your in just one use (ie the morning before) or is it something that I should do multiple times? Should I buy a special "detox" shampoo? I'm a little strapped for cash, so would rather avoid the investment, unless everyone really feels that it would help.

Third, like everyone else, I was wondering what the group's consensus was on my chances of successfully passing a hair test in the event that I have to take one.

Finally, Thank you to growman, sik_fuk, and everyone else for maintaining this thread and for offering support with what can be, as we all know, an extremely tense and stressful period of time.

17. Just a quick follow up. Since I have a fair amount of time and since I do not know what type of test it will be yet, I have decided to start slowly.

I have started using a vinegar soak and 3% salicylic acid shampoo followed by a curl revitalizer whose main ingredient is propylene glycol. I haven't decided quite how often I will do this yet. It depends on the toll that it takes on my hair. The total cost of all that stuff from Wal-Mart was roughly $11.

Since the MacCuj0 method sounds like it would be pretty harsh on my scalp, I have decided to hold off on it until I know for sure that I will have to take a hair test.

Wish me luck ... and hope that I don't dissolve all the hair that is on my head.

18. http://www.marijuana.com/blood-hair...s-here-hair-testing-negative-positive-87.html

This is the new link to the marijuana.com results page. For those looking for a larger database of results. I don't know if you have to log in to view them. I still encourage you to post your results here, though.

@red0124:

I can begin by telling you that your results will have nothing to do with the fact that you haven't smoked for 2 years prior to the 8th. You smoked on the 8th, and that's that. You don't get off on good behavior for being a good boy untill March 8th. Sorry :)

A hair test costs about $90 and a urinalysis costs about $20. (You can buy a urine test on your own for $10 at your local head shop.) So basically, $45 is an average, lol. Usually the test you receive depends on the position you are applying for. I got my test for an internship. Others didn't get one for their internship but got one for permanent employment at the same place. It's different for every company. Sorry I can't give more definitive information.

You remind me of myself. I also used to run very often and have very little bodyfat. This WILL work to your advantage, since most THC is stored in your fat cells.

In my experience, the Macujo method has a little over a 75% success rate. I see you said you're strapped for cash. I can only suggest you use the EXACT products I reccomended. However, you'll be about $225 in the hole after it's all done. Nexxus aloe rid shampoo is worthless...it MUST be the treatment, since it's much stronger. Also, you should use the same shampoo I did, since everyone that's used it so far has passed. People that fail seem to deviate from my instructions by just a little bit, maybe only one or two steps, or they don't leave something in for long enough, or rinse it out when you're not supposed to....etc.

I'd say you're chances of passing, if you begin treatment 1-2 weeks before testing, is VERY high...so long as you follow each step carefully. Some items aren't washed out before the next is applied...some are. Just do what it says, and you'll be fine.

Be sure to post your results!! Knowledge is power...keep tokin'.:smoking:

19. I just wanted to say Good Luck to Red0124!! Although I didnt wind up going in for my test I know the stress your feeling. Everyone kept telling me not to worry because I had only smoked once, but like Growman said "You dont get time off for good behavior". So I didnt feel very confident at all! I was planning on trying the Macujo and I also bought some UltraCleanse Shampoo. (which I'm keeping in a safe place incase theres a next time) I hear good results from that as long as you use it right before you go. Well again Good Luck and definatly post your results!! :wave:

20. I did my first Mac Method treatment today, and it didn't seem to have the same effects on me as it sounds like it should.

I poured enough Kroger apple cider vinegar on my hair to wet it entirely. Then let it soak in my hair for 30min with a shower cap. Then i added the clean & clear astringent from johnson and johnson (pink stuff), and let that soak for 30 min.

The clean & clear is suppose to sting according to a lot of you guys, but it did NOT sting my head at all, so i dont know what i did wrong.

Then i rinsed both the vinegar and clean & clear out of my hair and added the tide and scrubbed the shit out of it for about 5-10minutes and let it soak in another 20 min with a shower cap.

Is there any reason I didnt feel the stinging sensation from the clean & clear? My hair never felt crappy or anything. Im just worried it didnt work properly for me.

Any comments?