Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. Just wanted to update on myself I took a pdt90 hft the other day on Monday sent it in and got my results today all negative but the initial screening cutoff was 5pg/10mg I was really hoping they would go to 1pg so I could see if I would pass a pre employment hft.. oh well I guess I'll wait another month before I try the real test to try to be sure

2. I had a test on Tuesday morning for pre-employment and am still awaiting my results. I am a super infrequent user, probably a handful of times in the past three months, although I've been clean for over two months now. I am 6'1, 23 and a female with an average metabolism. Will keep you guys posted as far as my results. P.S. (I DID NOTHING TO MY HAIR). I'm black so to do all that crap to my hair would be hard to do with braids.

3. Tha

That's awesome to here. I am in the exact same boat, only I don't do cocaine. Such a relief that you passed. I'm still waiting on my results, but it's only been 2 days. Worst wait of my life for sure.

4. I just got back from my second hair follicle test. Fourth visit to urgent care because they can't seem to get it right. I guess redoing the test gave me more clean time, I'm pretty confident I'll more than pass. 84 days clean, 7 macujo's, 4 - 5 bleaches, 4 - 5 dyes, PLUS my hair is only 1" long and they accepted. My first test took about 5 days (including the weekend) with Omega.

Apparently my first test was cancelled because I had hair product in. I don't understand why that matters if they wash it.... Go figure. I'm supposed to start my new job Monday. I'll update this when I hear back, though I'd be shocked if I failed at this point.

5. Hi everyone,

Just found this thread after obsessively reading everyone's results for hours. My situation is slightly different from everyone else's, so I'm gonna go over the story as best as I can.

My wife recently applied at Geico and was offered the position. Unfortunately for her, she neglected to do her homework and had no idea that they tested via hair follicle. As this is a very uncommon practice in our home state (we just moved for my doctoral program), she wasn't expecting it. They tested her directly after she was given a job offer without any notice to prepare using the methods y'all been discussing. I'm a bit crazy so I've been pouring over peer-reviewed articles and it seems that these tests are actually fairly inaccurate for a number of reasons, but Geico won't give a shit about that.

Now, her smoking has grown more and more infrequent recently. I'm gonna say that in April/May she was probably smoking 1-3x/week, June maybe once a week. She smoked on our wedding on July 8th/9th (day before and day of), a single res hit two weeks ago, and one hit from a one-hitter a week ago. She is 1/2 Ecuadorian, so dark course thick hair (the kind you don't want for these damn tests), about 150 pounds, average to slow-ish metabolism. I'm wondering if anyone who has tested with Geico or understands their policies, or anyone with a similar story, can answer my questions:

1) If you did NOT do anything to prepare and still passed, what was your smoking history/physical profile?

2) If you tested with Geico and the test came back positive, did they give you a chance to explain a positive result? They didn't collect info on my wife's meds and she takes Vyvanse for ADHD. Obviously it will show up, but it's legal for her to be taking it. I found a disturbing complaint against Geico on another forum. The woman on that forum tested positive for opiates and was prescribed pain killers. The offer was rescinded and she was given no chance to explain because she couldn't reach their on-site Doctor via phone...

3) does anyone know how the lab knows which end of the hair to test? My wife has hair that falls a few inches below her shoulders and she said they took the entire length of her hair from 3/4 inch from her scalp to the very tip. I read psychemedics policies for sample collection: http://www.spectrumhealth.org/documents/occhealth/Hair_Collection_Psychemedics_102511.pdf
    If I am reading correctly, it looks like the person collecting the sample is supposed to wrap it in foil with the roots aligned and pointed toward one end of the foil so they know which part of the hair follicle to discard, but for my wife, they just put her strands in a bag, no foil, nothing. So technically they could accidentally take a 1.5 segment from the wrong end of the hair sample, which would be terrible, because she used to be a pretty heavy smoker :( Hopefully, they would have enough sense to reject that sample and recollect it, but hearing about their method of collecting has me concerned. Does this sound questionable at all to anyone? I am wondering if anyone remembers specifically how their sample was collected.

I know my questions sound a bit crazy and you don't gotta be a Geico employee to answer them (just share your experience), but I am concerned because we just moved out of state, have been living off our savings for two months now, and are running out of money. I get a check in September, but I am a doctoral student so my stipend won't be enough to support us for long. She has been trying to find a job and we are in the rust belt, so it's been hard :( I know that no one can tell me whether she passed, but some reassurance would be so helpful! Thanks in advance!

6. There isn't a lot of consistent data, as far as I've seen. As I'm sure you've found in your research, there are a number of different things that come into play- length, color, thickness, etc. Having said that, it's pretty common for single / very occasional hitters to pass. I have read numerous cases about "light" smokers (a couple hits a week) passing with no preparation, but unfortunately there are also many who have failed.

While I've never tested with Geico specifically, my understanding is that the process is pretty standard. Typically the hair sample is sent in for testing. Once complete it goes to the MRO (Medical Review Officer). Basically their job is to assure everything was performed correctly. In the case of a negative, they send off the results. In the case of a positive, they double check. If it's still positive, they call the donor to see if there is a valid reason (i.e. a prescription). While it's possible this isn't the case, I'd say you'd be safe to assume that was just a horror story and not a usual circumstance.

My personal experiences were basically as you described. It was cut from as close to the scalp as possible and placed into the foil so they know which end is which. I'd only be guessing whether or not they have a way of telling which end is which. I'd assume they just take 1.5" of either end, which is pretty unfair. If that's the case, at least you have a 50/50 chance. I took the time to call the lab to get specific information on their process. I'm glad I did too. Ended up finding out they only needed 1" (rather than the standard 1.5").

Sorry to hear about your situation. My hair follicle test was one of the most stressful situations I've ever been through. Not to mention they messed it up and had to take another. I've got two obvious bald spots on my fried hair that I was forced to cut from 8" to 1". On the bright side, it's out of your hands. You get to skip that entire part of worry. Testing for the use of marijuana at this point is just ridiculous. I hope she passes, she doesn't have the worst scenario in the world. Fortunately hair testing isn't super common. Good luck!

7. Ya, unfortunately I don't think there is anyway of figuring it out beforehand. I have read a few promising studies that suggest that THC-COOH and THCA-A do not pass through the bloodstream to the hair at significant amounts and, thus, positive screens are more likely due to outside contamination. I've also read that the rate of accuracy is about 50/50 for light to moderate smokers and that hair follicle tests are much more reliable at greater degrees of heavy smoking. unfortunately, she doesn't have much in her favor in terms of physiological characteristics, so we shall see! Also, in case anyone is interested, many studies have also shown that no significant difference exists between tests based on race/ethnicity, so that may not be true.

Thanks for your input on the process of sample collection. From what I've gathered in my research and from what you just told me, I think they were really careless with her hair sample because they did not use any foil. They literally just moved her hair to a bag with a pair of tweezers. I'm hoping they retake it and if so, she's definitely using one the methods I found on this forum! Not going through this anxiety again.

8. OK I have questions. Got a really good job offer this week. Found out they do pisses and hair test. I haven't smoked in 5 weeks took home test Friday and pass so I'm good there. Started Tuesday doing vinger in hair 15minutes the clear and clean pink and Paste for 45 minutes. Wash it out with Tide twice after scrubbing for 5 minutes each. Then I do green tea treatment scrubbing for 5 minutes them scrubbing tgel then cleanser after. I cut my hair to about 1 inch yesterday. I have about 30 more days till test I figured I would do this every night till test. Should I do anything else. I have a home test coming get in this week to see where I stand.

9. Cut your hair to half an inch now.

Shave your body tonight.

Delay the hair test as much as you can.

In 30 days, you should have enough body hair to test. And everything on your head should be clean.

10. M
    I talked to a buddy that works there and they don't take from body if hair is at least 1 inch. My hair is really thin. I am shaving body tonight with clippers no guard I can't shave with razor I get ingrown hairs bad. I figured I would keep body hair short so they have to take from head. This is not unusual for me I always shaved body hair so won't draw any action when I walk in with no body hair. I get heat bumps really bad with body hair so I keep it cut short. I will do process every night till the test and will bleach and redye next weekend.

11. I have at least 30 till test. I go Thursday to do paperwork then it takes anywhere from 4 to 5 weeks for the background checks to come in. So all in all 6 weeks till test

12. I also started taking hair pills to help in growth l.

13. If you go ahead at cut your hair to half an inch now you will have an inch in 30 days. You can be confident that it's clean.

Don't drive yourself crazy worrying about chemicals and washing your hair. It looks like you are in good shape.

14. T
    Thanks

15. this just proves drug tests in a box are a hoax

you cant cheat this..

16. Got my test I did at home back today still positive for THC dam. 1.35 pg/mg. Looks like I will be bleaching and dieing my hair this weekend ugh. I did about 10 vinegar clear and cleanse tgel tee tree and cleanse shampoo treatments. Before my hair test. I also will go to the head shop and get the shampoo. I still have about a month before the test.

17. Hi!
    I'm new to the forum, I like many of you am pretty nervous regarding my hair test with Quest.
    So I had no idea I would be taking a hair test for this position, I quit smoke about 3 years ago but recently met up with an old friend and I took about 3 puffs from a blunt on May 22nd, 2016. I then received an edible from a friend that contained 50mg THC on Jun 20th, and I took one rip from a bong on July 21st.
    My test has to be taken within the next couple hours, I am a 6'4 african american male of about 350 pounds. Not big on exercise or anything nor do I have a good diet. I have pretty thick hair and its around 2in long. What are my chances of passing this test? I am extremely worried. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the test is in a few hours

18. Here is my story, I think I am pretty close to beating this thing...

Found out I had a test August 1st, quit smoking august 2nd.. puts me at 31 days clean or better worded a month.
    History: Frequent user for the last 4-5 years, caucasion, 6' tall, active
    Hair: Short (prob 2 inches) brown hair

Just recently got my hair lab test I sent in back and I'm at 1.85 pg/mg (really wish i would have figured this number out initially in early august, but is what it is)

What I've done: Bought the Nexxus Aloe Rid and have been using that for the last month. During days 15-22 I did the Maccujo therapy every night using vinegar, clear & clear, nexus shampoo, & tide at the end.

My main question is, how close in reality am I to getting this down .85 in the next week? Is that a big number? I've seen some other posts where people were initially at like 17 pg/mg , 34 pg/mg before starting any treatments. Kinda trying to guesstimate maybe where I was before I started and actually what has worked the best in lowering my pg/mg.

Thanks all

19. Bleach and redye it

20. Hey all,

New to the forum and have been reading up on a lot of interesting topics. I have a potential issue. I just accepted a job offer from a large company for a great (and well compensated) position in consulting. Now I have a LabCorp pre-employment drug screen coming up and I am stressing out because I don't know if they only do a urine sample (than i'll be fine, havent used in about 60 days right now) or whether they do hair analysis as well?

Does anyone know if the typical LabCorp pre-employment drug screen includes a hair test?

Thanks a lot!