partial outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by greenthumper, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I just started a seedling indoors and have been moving it outside to utilize sunlight for an hour or two. Since the sun is far superior to my meager cfls. I've been thinking of moving it outside from around 9am-2pm. Would this be equivalent to a typical outdoor grow if I were supplementing the remaining hours with cfls?

2. Yes keep her in light 18 hours or more until you wish to flower.

3. Excellent also I was wondering if direct sunlight grew bigger bugs? Will a plant on the equator receive more energy then one on Alaska?

4. Yes, but temperature, humidity, elevation, all sorts of things come into play if it's outdoor.

An example of a perfect place to grow weed outdoors would be the Emerald Triangle in northern California.

If you got HPS or HID bulbs you wouldn't need to worry about the sun, or cloudy skies.

5. I think you get different light spectrum in terms of direct over head light compared to light in Alaska.

6. Are you saying an HPS is comparable to the sun? I thought the sun was the best hands down :confused_2:. I live in Florida I'm guessing its too hot, too humid, and too low to sea level here?

7. #8 Phenotype, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    Well if you want to grow year round then yes, light bulbs are better if you're not in the right environment.

Also consider this, how much DIRECT sunlight does an outdoor plant actually get a day?

It's nearly impossible to always get direct sunlight all day long because of other obstructions like mountains, trees, clouds, etc.

A light bulb placed directly over the plant for 18- 24 hours will give you faster growth. No obstructions or seasons with a spectrum switchable ballast with CORRECT lumens per square inch.

8. Also consider that after a point, the limiting factors become CO2 and nutrients rather than light. In this case it is much easier to have hydroponics in a CO2 enhanced grow room.

9. That is y I grow out on my farm. I get about 10 hrs of direct sun

10. I could get 10 hours of direct sun no problem. My back yard is literally below sea level though would this present a problem?

11. Your light is good, your biggest problem is probably going to be mold eventually. Florida has extreme humidity and you will need to watch for mold and mildew growth.