Partial Harvest & Trichome Color

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MattTaggart, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Hi All,

This is sort of a two part question, and I apologize if these have been asked/answered before!

Today is day 50 of flower for my first try at growing Super Lemon Haze from seed). I have 4 girls in a 3x3 tent running a 150w LED by ALD Green in California. I know that may sound a bit insufficient, but this light has some serious power per watt, as you can see by the results so far. I am using organic nutrients (medi kit) from Green Planet here in Vancouver, BC.

My first question is regarding trichomes. Starting around week 5, I started noticing amber trichomes on some of the sugar leaves. Now at week 7, they have spread to the actual buds. I am still very new, but it appears all trichomes are cloudy or amber, none clear anymore. Is it possible I am ready for harvest, even though the strain typically takes 9-10 weeks?

My second question is regarding a multi stage harvest. As you can see in some of my photos, I have many undeveloped buds growing in the under canopy. I gave the plants a good trimming around week 3 of 12/12, and by week 5 I had bud sites sprouting up everywhere. I decided to leave them in hopes they would mature, but they are still not even close. Should I harvest the top colas and leave the bottom for a few more weeks?

So, in summary:
    1) Do my plants look ready to harvest, even though I am only at week 7? I have read that Super Lemon Haze takes 9-10 weeks minimum.
    2) If they are ready, can I do a multi stage harvest to capitalize on the small budlets in the undercanopy?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

( IMG_1076.JPG IMG_1079.JPG IMG_1077.JPG IMG_1072.JPG IMG_1073.JPG IMG_1083.JPG IMG_1082.JPG

2. You still have time to go. I thought mine were done and I keep getting told to wait. Look for amber trichs on the bud not the sugar leaves.

Looking good though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I only harvest what is ripe let the rest go awhile if I have the room, personally I do not like any red in my personal,makes me tired. How you like it is up to you

4. Thanks for the responses! I think I'll let them go another week or so.

I've read that if I clip all the large colas off the top, the plant may go into shock and stop producing buds. Is this true?

Also, I plan to dry the buds in the tent. Should I make lightproof box to dry the finished buds, while I light up the rest of the batch?

5. I mainly do it because I'm lazy triming is no fun to me
    . No shock they will continue to grow and ripen up, not vigorously though.
    I cure in a dark cool room