Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Parkinsons and MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 134TT1N1, Sep 12, 2015.

1. So my mom was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's and I'm wondering if anybody has had experience with someone using weed to help with the symptoms. When she found out she had arthritis, I kinda joked about it and told her to smoke but she told me to fuck off. She's very anti pot so I'm not sure I can convince but I know that if she knew she could improve her quality of life, she'd be more open to trying it.

2. It's not her fault. The campaign against cannabis has been a strong one for so many years, it will take awhile to undo the effects. Have her watch CNN's chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta on why he changed his mind on weed. It's very informative. Also, last month National Geo did a good article on medical cannabis. It was even on the cover. News week as well. It's starting to become main stream and accepted. I run cannabis tourism out here in Colorado and you wouldn't believe the conservative people who were once anti-weed wanting to understand it as medicine now. They get sick just as much as the non-conservatives! :) Touch some oil to your tongue and it's bitter just like most medicines. We put so much focus on the "high" when really it's purpose is to heal. The high part is just a good side effect for most folks. (not all) Good luck in your quest to find good relief for your mother. There are numerous articles out there https://www.whaxy.com/news/parkinsons-disease-medi... that may get you guys on your way to a healthy alternative to pharmaceuticals.