Parents doin drugs...

Discussion in 'General' started by KeepSmokinReefa, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Jus wondering how many of you as kids or even later on in life as teenagers or adults, Had parents who like to get intoxicated. Whatvever it is, Weed, Alcohol, Even crack, Meth, Whatever. Did they do it? Did you know then or find out later?

Is this type shit normal?

I know it is in the hood, Did yall parents smoke weed or do whatver when ya was growin up?

2. Well...when I was 15 I told my mom I smoke weed....she was cool with it. For christmas that yea she actually got me my 1st bong ever! But she has toked with me a few times and has pinched some bud off of me when I lived there. She drinks alot though..she LOVES her cocktails haha

3. Like how bad she get in front of you?

You ever worry about she drank to much and she gon die cuz she passed out drunk?

Ever wondered if that noise was her fallin down drunk?

Ever seen her stumblin around and slurrin they words?

4. my dad was addicted to DXM from the time i was 12 until 3 months ago

5. Ya know, Thas what im sayin.

Ya know how this shit affects kids.

Its fucked.

I grew up having drug deals in my apartment all the time, Had partys for people going to jail or jus gettin out of jail often. Knew my pops smoked herb all the time. As i got older like mid teens noticed alot more. Xany's, Coke, Mad mad alcohol. Hes such a alcoholic. Hes like a fifth of vodka a night, And latley on xany's while doin this. Well smokin herb as well thas a given. So jus gettin wrecked every night.

He comes and talks to me n my bro and tells us the damn same thing like 20 times over fer real. Leanin against the wall so he can stand up. Slurrin his words can barley understand him but he thinks hes 'parenting' us even though my brothers 24 and im grown as well.

What the hell, Shits fucked.

He bought xanys off a guy at work for awhile but he got locked up.

Now he has this family mmeber come over all the time like 2-3 times a week when she never came by more then once a year for the longest time.

Shes always been into drugs.

I know its shes hookin him up with xanys. Shits fucked. But now my ma's is into it which is more fucked.

I dont even fuck with xanys anymore really. I dont fuck with pills at all anymore. I stick to drank and herb, Newports of course. Thas like it these days.

My parents worse then me.

I need to get up on out.

6. I dunno man. I know how it is kinda...my dad abused my mom when I was a litle kid and I remember all of it. I don't know if I rather have them alcoholics or not..but I have seen both of them piss drunk before. But I realy didn't like it when my dad abused my mom and all. I now look back at it and wish I could've done something about it...it makes me feel real bad sometimes..my dad was a real ass and it just hurts me inside sometimes when I begin to think about it.

But if your concerned ( which I belive all kids are ) then I would sit them down and talk...get all your emotions out on the table. That's what I did with my mom about my dad abusing her and my dad just fucking threw me off the chair and told me to shut - up. That's when I knew something had to be done...a month or two after that they were divorced and life was better. But the most advice I can give is to just talk with them and again tell them your feelings and all. Best of luck to you and your family in the new year KSR!

7. Talks dont work.

They must be so fucked up all the time they'll remeber the talk for like a day and they act like it never happened.

Never had abusive problems with my pops hitting my ma's. If itd happen, Id prolly kill him, He knows it. He always said if it i ever hit her itd be three hits. I hit her, She hits the ground, I hit the door (leave).

Jus shits fucked up with them.

I want up on out, I want a place with my girl.

8. Well then man from what it sounds like with the GED and all your new years is looking good so far. I know that if you put your mind to anything it can happen. I'm a very firm beliver in that kind of stuff. If talking doesn't work then maybe they know what they're doing and are taking accountability for it. But if it's making you freak that much then for shure just keep your mind set on getting your own place so you can settle down and enjoy life as it was meant to be enjoyed. Wish you the best of luck

9. shit my moms smoked when she was pregnant and for as long as i can remember i toke with her now so its all gravy but im not mad my mas cool in my book

10. Both my Mom and Dad have smoked bud my whole life. They never did it in front of me until I was 18 and since then we've been toking together. They Drink a little but not to much. My dad smoked Cig's back in the day before I was born. They both did Acid back in the day as well, but nothing like that anymore.

They told me about how they used to do drugs when they were young and they didn't care if I wanted to try smoking or drinking as long as I didnt go over the top. I think it was that openess about drugs that lead me never to use hard drugs or smoke myself stupid.

11. sometimes the most painful thing in the world that you can see is your parents fucked up. they are supposed the be the ones lookin after you not the other way around but lifes a bitch and shit dont always work the way it is supposed to. im gettin the vibes from you KSR that you just saw or had to deal with sumtin having to do with this, if im wrong then ignore me. but only advice i can give, and this goes for everybody, is that you cant let it eat you up inside. however you wanna deal with it, be it talking to someone about it or just pushing it away whenever the thought comes to mind. either way you gotta realize the pain will return but when it does you cant let it consume you and you cant let it run your life. learn from your parents mistakes, dont repeat what hurt you.

12. Shit, my dad smokes, drinks (excessivlly), rails coke, pops pills. Its really fucked up. He doesn't understand that he is cutting his lifespan in half. Ever since he had his mid-life crisis hes been partying really hard. I don't think he ever recovered from it.

13. My dad is basically out all night, has been since I was a little kid...its almost like he doesn't even sleep..he's either out doing drugs or drinking or working...I think he was into crack at one point except I'm pretty sure he stopped I dunno its weird

14. Both of my parents are into their alcohol. When I was 15 I had to take my mom to bed during my sisters 10th birthday party cause she was too drunk and throwing up on herself in the bathroom. Dad can hold his liquor, so by the time hes drunk, hes getting ready to go to bed anyways.

My dad has always been into bud. I toke up with him all the time. He use to be into shrooms and all the psychedelics but has dropped em cold.

A lot of the time they just don't understand how much kids really see and how much it affects them. They believe we're too naive and don't know shit about drugs and alcohol and play it off as if they're not even into anything. I can't imagine having them into coke and popping pills. The drink is bad enough.

15. my dad was smokin cigarettes since he was like 9 and stopped like 5 years ago after having his second heart attack. he was also an alcoholic my whole childhood, but stopped drinking many years back after my bro was gonna kill him for beating my mom. he used to always drink and get into fights with my mom for no reason. as for weed, he used to smoke when he was a teen and til he was about 30, maybe he should have stuck with the bud.

my uncles were all strung out on herion. and my cousins were out gangbangin and smokin hella bud and drinkin, just doin the low life thing.

i've seen what my family had become from drugs, and it was nothing good. I started at a really young age but I learned self control.

now my family is good but we still got some problems. we settled down much since the old days, now we usually just smoke bud and drink.

now I got 2 kids and im gonna teach them about this shit before they go around finding out the hard way. that's the mistake my parents and many other parents make, they won't teach their kids about drugs, thinking they will learn and want to try it.

16. From what I've been told my mom has never done any drug. I believe it, I don't really see her as a person who would do them. I've only seen her drink three, maybe four times and it was never more then two beers or a mixed drink.

My dad on the other hand used to drink heavily. He would stay out at the bar all night. Then come home stumbling around, slurring and starting fights. But he has cooled down alot in the last few years. He still drinks almost every night but not as bad. Only a few beers or a 40oz. From stories that I have heard he used to be into coke, even heard that he went to Florida and picked up a large amount several times. I know he used to smoke weed. When I was younger we would be watching tv and he would light up a joint and smoke. I used to pinch his stash but he quit smoking a few years ago.

17. Addiction can run in families, and I am pleased and proud to say that, after some personal battles in my youth, I do not have an addictive nature in any way. I'm e medi user, and I've been out for days, but nobody is dead yet :D I rarely drink, rarely get 'wasted', and never use any other drugs now.

My parents are alcoholics, and in my earlier years I had an issue with drink too, as I had grown up around it, and thought it was normal; I thought that was how all adults had fun. It took me a long time to realise that wasn't true. In a way, their addiction has done me a favour; I know I do not want to end up like them, reliant on a dirty, nasty drug for my enjoyment.

Knowing you can make your own enjoyment is the best buzz of all.

18. Thats pretty much how my parents are. I def believe that being open about it with your parents and everyone else it takes alot of the worry out of it. My dad has told me stories about him and my mom together, drunk, high, or on acid. but he is cool with me smokin i tell him when i get sticky stuff, and he dont care. i have been the designated driver for my mom one night she was drunk and high.

To me there is just something wrong about getting stoned with parents. i mean they tell you dont ever do drugs and a couple years later your getting blazed with them. but drugs has ruined ther lives totally. my mom is now a fulltime crackhead, and my dad is now sober he was using meth all the time with pot. I have told myself never to use the hard shit because look what happend to them.

19. i wont say my dad is a drug user, he just smokes weed... and often. But whenever people say drugs its an automatic negative train of thought, so my father is just a smoker.
    My mom never does anything, i have seen her drink wine on holidays but not even enough to get buzzed.

On another note i feel i m lucky with my parents. never seen them drunk b4, never seen them using drugs, or hitting eachother (occassional argument). i wonder if i saw some things other kids saw, if that would have changed who i m today...... my bad i m pretty high