Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

parents and mmj. parents on board...kinda

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by newgrass, May 2, 2009.

1. Aw, that sucks. It makes me kind of angry :mad:. School is just so expensive these days, and if you get a loan to pay for it you'll be in debt for the next 30 years, if not longer.

2. Keep in mind that just because your 18 doesn't mean you're out of high school yet. My oldest sister started school late and turn 18 a week before her senior year started. Most people aren't going to move out until at least after they graduate, if I'm not mistaken. And as per all the arguments about being able to move out instantly with a job and an education.. Some degrees you need a LOT more money for then others. For example: if you wanted to work as a robotics expert for NASA, you could get your degree in 4 years, but it'd cost a lot more money then a 4 year degree for Agriculture or Food Science, not to mention you'd have to take a lot more classes to get your degree during each semester then some others. Some people get lucky and are given a free ride with paid everything, so they can usually move out and get an apartment at least, some people need to spend every penny they earn on school for the first year or two, even with the money the government is handing out in student loans and grants. And, in my opinion, I'd much rather live with my parents an extra year and not have debt for collage then to move out instantly and be in debt for 20-30 years, even if it is low interest, because that's money that I don't even know I'm going to have yet, for one thing, and it's just something I don't want to do, money that doesn't NEED to be spent.

As per the topic at question: you should definitely try and get a job, at least part time, and buy your own vaporizor. Pretty much everything Granny said was about accurate actually.. Just go off that.

3. i know you've sat you're parents down and talked with them a bit.

asking them for a vaporizer or to grow may not be the best thing in the world at the moment.
    however its not really out of the question, just for now.

my parents were pissed at me for a total of 2 weeks. not a long time considering i've been smoking for quite a while.
    the main reason they were pissed was that i didn't tell them i had done it, they found out when i went in for my physical and it came up in a DT.

try and show your parents that it does more good for you than they think.
    im not sure how much responsibility you have around the house, but when your high, help them out around the house, show them you dont just get high and sit around and do nothing(not saying you do, just show them MJ gives you motivation).

my dads gone now, so when i burn i cant come home and pig out, or go sit my ass down and play video games like i love to do, i've got to do all the household chores he used to do and i've got to help my mom with watever shes doing, but its a fair trade for being able to smoke whenever i'd like.

he used to always tell me stories about when he was a kid all the different bud he use to get and how he used to grow back in the day, which was cool because we found some common ground between us(i almost got him to smoke with me a ton of times too lol). he even gave me a ton of stuff to start growing indoors, but i'm focusing on outdoors for now.

talk to them about it, not necessarily bragging about smoking and getting high or anything, but the more they're comfortable around you when you're high, the better.

i dont know you or your parents, so im just telling you some of what i did and it really seemed to help them realize im not a bad kid when i'm high.
    i'm actually a better kid when im high and alot calmer, but im not gonna hijack your thread with my problems lol.

sorry for the long post, hope your parents end up being chill with you burnin