Paranoid about leaving the tent unattended

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by imageek, May 13, 2016.

1. I'm paranoid of fire. I don't care if I'm in the house because I have smoke alarms everywhere and as soon as I hear that the electrics will be locked off and the fire extinguisher will get used.

But I worry that if I leave the house and something happens for example the fan malfunctions or w/e and causes a fire in my attic, then my house will burn down and the risk to my neighbours is there too. I'd rather not take that risk.

I'm lucky to have someone who can be in when I'm not and vice versa. They know the drill.

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. Sometimes, but only when I'm right at the end of flower, and that's only because of the smell...

I trust my electrical wiring. :)

3. I was when I first started but not anymore. If you think about it that can happen with any electronic not just ones in your tent, for example hover boards have caused many fires. All you can do is make sure you have trusty wiring/equipment and check it frequently for problems

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thanks for the replies guys, I guess it's first grow nerves.

My wiring is good, I think. I only had to wire up the light and the fan. I trust my wiring, but 250v will always scare the crap out of me. I used scotch blocks though and electrical tape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Lol we all worry about fire once and awhile

6. I recently became more worried about fire after having one of the Amazon Digital ballast quit on me. Lets put it this way, when it failed, it failed with some style.

I no longer recommend anyone purchase a cheap ballast. Go big, or go home.

It just hit me, it wouldn't be to difficult to make a tent with fire retardant materials.

7. You could probably setup a automatic fire extinguisher thing somehow