Paradox?

Discussion in 'General' started by nownf, Dec 28, 2011.

1. #1 nownf, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
    If you get extremely determined that you will create time travel and when you do you will go back in time to tell yourself, supposing time travel is possible, think what would happen. Holy shit, this could make someone go insane. Haha :p

2. Time travel will never be possible because I told myself ''If its possible than come back in time when it is RIGHT NOW at this exact moment to tell me it exists........never happend

3. Smart. It's shit like wouldn't there be time travelling tourists or something like that.

Haha I came up with some insane full fleshed-out theory in my head in about 10 minutes. :smoke:

4. Hahaha only whenn your high man

5. I so would happy

6. Yeah man :smoke:

This is the fun part. Will power. Drive yourself insane and convince yourself you are going to invent time travel. :p

7. I hears forward would be possible but backwards wouldn't.

Don't have any sources, just word and mouth.

8. I actually remember reading an article by Steven Hawkins saying that traveling back in time will never be possible because of this paradox. Or something like that. Fuck if I know.

9. Oh shit. I was hoping I came up with it and it could be called 'The Nownf Paradox' :rolleyes:

10. backwards time travel is kinda absurd hahahaha

there is just to reasonable way to make it happen without a) creating an alternate universe, or B) completely fucking up the future you left and hence, altering the future, and therefore never being able to get back to the same future

11. Wouldn't forward time travel be just as absurd by the same (or at least similar) reasoning?

Not that you wouldn't be able to go back to the same past you came from.. but because it would in a way dictate how the time between the present and the future you traveled to and altered play out, unless it created some alternate universe

Meh, it's really hard to explain what I mean haha

12. we are traveling forward in time right now.......

and then there is that whole... if you travel faster you experience it slower than others so you could travel x distance at the speed of light and experience much less time than the people experiencing it on earth hahaha, that shits just too much though

13. You're future self probably forgot cause he got fucking baked out on some future weed.

14. and uh, what happens if you going back in time and telling yourself shit alters the future and you never end up going back, you would then cease to exist in your present form....

15. Here's a thought. We're all travelling forward at time, but each at our own speed. Say when you're stoned it's not just your perception of time, but you really change how quickly you move through time?

16. I'm confused...

I took what he said as "if time travel becomes possible why doesn't my future self appear in front of me now to prove it."

Which lead to what I said and yeah this is too much for my brain to handle at the moment.:hide:

17. Thats perception of time... if you perceive it at a different rate than someone else you are still at the same rate of entropy lol

Like when you sleep, generally you perceive it as being much less time than you are actually asleep for, but times speed didnt change

18. It is perception of time.

In other news: I'm coming down, time for another bowl.

19. I remember my friend told me the government made time travel possible, but they're keeping it secret. So you never know. Maybe we won World War 2 cuz of time travel, just keep your mind open.