Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

pappa's poppies are ready to be popped!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by NuBBiN, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Hey Nubbin I think I know where alot of poppy is growing wild, (my dad told me it was poppy anyway, and i dont see why he would lie to me) could you post a pic of a poppy when it is ready to harvest?

2. here

Attached Files:

3. close up of a single flower....but if the poppies you find arent red, they still ould very well be the right kind..thy can range from white to purple...

Attached Files:

4. after the plant has bloomed, the petals will fall off after a week or so and then it leaves just a pod like this...

Attached Files:

5. Then after about five to ten days, that pod will grow in size untill the crown(funky pieceon the very top of the pod) will start to strech,, and aorund then is when you should use a razor blaze or safety pin to slice the outer skin of the pod. If you wait much longer, the crown will split and all the latex will drip imnto the seed chamber inside the pod and it will drop thousands of little seeds everywhere...

Attached Files:

6. thanks for the info, once i get my van runnin im gonna drive out there and check them out ill post some pics.

7. my mom got a packet of red poppy seeds the other day from a friend. I'm not sure if its the right kind or not but she wants to fill up a big part of her garden with diffrent color poppys. Now i'm trying find some other kind of poppy seeds for that garden, even if her poppys aren't the right kind i can have a few diffrent kinds of my own.

8. If they are the right poppies pakelika..you should definately fill a few bags full of them to take home and dry out.then you can extrac the opium. Most poppies which conatin opiates will have the pods that look like the ones in the above pictures. if they dont have those round pods with crowns then they pobably arent the right kind.