Paper towel germination

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lovemj00, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Hey I germinated a seed put it in the bag on Thursday and now I just checked it but it out grew the seed and the shell came off so it's about a inch of half of root and the top it the lil sprout that the 2 leaves come out , is it still possible I can plant it I'm putting it in soil? I just wanna know if it won't die or anything also I seen a lil piece of the root get stuck in the paper towel idk how so it ripped half off will it still be good to go? Please need answers thank you

Sent from my SM-J337P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Now it has a root and pair of baby leaves it has germinated.

The shell occasionally falls off dw.

Yes it's ready to plant, damaging the main root can be a problem, but they can recover too.

Just dab a hole and drop it in then just press the edge down (in soil)
    Or get it tucked under a pebble (dwc)

And get some light on it good luck

.... No tickets!

3. Thank you very much !

4. What setup have you prep'd to use, tent, cabinet, lights, soil, hydro, nute line up etc.?

Sorry to sound like a dick.... But

Based on your question of what do I do next after germinating a seed, should we assume you stopped reading up after:

How to grow weed step 1 - germinate

.... No tickets!

5. Mars hydro 2x2 , viper spectra 300w , Fox farm soil happy frog , calmag , fox farm bloom. this is my 2nd grow the last one wasnt that good but did harvest a couple buds .

6. Put it in already 1576425531823.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok cool, was just wondering if you found a bag seed and went "what the hell" then thought "shit what now"

I haven't seen a bag seed in nearly a decade now lol

I have only grown in soil a couple of times and always had poor results. So I wont be good for advice much longer.
    There are a good few sticky threads on soil growing that you should really think about reading and/or re-reading, beleive me the amount of info you miss first time round (ive been there, got the t-shirt )

So youre confident you've rectified most of the basic 'first grow' rush mistakes?
    (soil prep, over feeding, over water, ambient temps, ph, etc...)

Hey, a smokable first grow is a good grow!

My first grow was 5 plants expecting 4 not to survive, my cab was a diy 1 plant stealth with cfl.... upgraded to a 150w led reflector about mid grow after massive heat stress issues...
    Each plant was nothing more that a 0.5g bud on a stick , but man grow ya own tasted good!

Good luck on take 2

.... No tickets!

8. Nice,

Ok, dont panic just yet if nothing much happens for a while now (unlike 1st time) you damaged the main root, so it's really gonna have to work hard downstairs now!

.... No tickets!

9. I gave up the paper towel long ago, just bury 1/4" deep in soil, water once and it will come up in 3 / 5 days. No worries of handling the tender sprout.

• Like Like x 1