Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

panic attacks...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Release, Nov 13, 2008.

1. I've been smoking for about 5 years now, just recently every time I smoke I get these panic attacks. I know everyone gets them ONCE in a while, I know I have before but never constantly. I've done alot of google'n on the subject. So far I've tried smoking in different surroundings, doing things I like, or just chilling, same result (panic attack).

So, if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated, I feel like someone took my child from me :[

also first post :>

2. I've had similar problems. I find that when it comes to panic attacks/extreme anxiety when smoking, my own thoughts are my worst enemy. There's a phrase, "analysis is paralysis," and that rings true for me. I get more freaked out the more I think about being freaked out.

Everyone is different, but for me it helps to just be like "eh, fuck it" and try to not take myself so seriously.

If all else fails, Xanax kicks ass ;)

3. Yea, unfortunately last night I quit smoking for good because of a panic attack while

high. If you want to know what it was like, you can see my thread called "scary

experience" which is under this forum. I hallucinated and stuff, so that is where I

decided I was going to be done. I am not blaming the herb at all it was all mental in my

head, but I didn't like it at all. :(

4. Panic attacks should not be taken lightly. I get them on occasions but not from Marijuana so maybe try taking Xannax while getting high. Also you could try cooking with marijuana and see if it will still give you the same effect.

If nothing helps then I would advise you to stop smoking for awhile. Panic attacks are very serious!

5. for the most part, I can control my crazy ass brain, but it takes a while. Generally speaking about an hour or so into the high, I feel anxious, panicky, then after telling myself that I'm being retarded, I mellow out. I have tried taking breaks, after my first attack I took about 2 weeks off to no avail.

6. another quick note, this is with REGS, I currently can't get a hold of any dank. Mind you these are decent regs, nice and green

7. I've never had a panic attack, thankfully.

However, i have had "negative trips", where i didn't enjoy the experience and felt kinda shitty about everything.

That was when i was younger tho, i dont get them anymore, probably because i had an iron deficiency, which can cause increased anxiety.

Now i just pop an iron pill every day and i'm ok.

If you have a panic attack, see about getting some anxiety medication, or do what i did and start taking vitamins to correct any deficiencies.

Or you could stop smoking weed, its up to you bro.

8. I've suffered from anxiety/panic disorder for about four years now, and have been smoking heavily for the last two of those.

I've done a lot of research on the topic, including a paper I just finished on the medicinal effects of weed. It has been proven and confirmed by my psychologist that a little weed will calm anxiety, for sure! But too much can definitely have an adverse effect.

The effect of THC on the brain is still very unclear. It is currently impossible to predict exactly what exposure will do to your mind... one thing that is clear is that weed can either amplify or diminish panic attacks.

Don't be worried, it affects tons of people this way. Maybe just smoke a little less heavy during sessions? I'm not sure what to give you as far as advice.

9. yeah, thats the thing, I'm not even smoking that much to begin with, maybe two hits off a sneak-a. that never used to do shit to me, I used to smoke bowls to get high. but now it seems like it takes nothing to freak me out

10. Do you have them while not high too? If so, consider talking to a therapist or social worker about this.

11. nope, just when I blaze. :/

12. Find something to distract you. I know what you mean man, i used to get these and my friend still does. I just stopped giving a fuck about what i thought about smoking weed, i do it because i enjoy it, and its a great time with friends, and thats the bottom line. My friend can't smoke weed anymore though...Panic attacks get too crazy fo him. Got an XBOX? =)

13. Whenever it happens to me, I try to relax and take slow deep breaths. Try to have a positive mindset. As 311 says.......

"All mixed up, you don't know what to do
    Next thing you turnaround and find the person is you
    Thought a freak might be the thing
    But youknow this will pass, so just get off of your ass"

14. I do actually, generally I just watch some tv, or scrubs xD

so far the "positive mind set" thing is working out "ok" not enterily tho.

15. started taking a once daily "mens health formula" multivitamin. Panic attack free now

16. hey release, I told my dad that i had a few of these when i was high, and he gave me some insight. it seems a bit weird but here me out. while taking your hits find something to look at that is funny, amusing, or just plain cool to you, focus on it then do the same thing when you exhale, your all set up for a positive high. give it a try next time your smokin, if you remind yourself that everything is cool while your getting high, everything will be cool while your high plain and simple

17. still happening every time I smoke, even from one single hit off a bat/sneak-a-toke. Depressing to say the least

18. hmmm thats a tricky situation, do you excersise at all? also I find that the best times to smoke are early in the morning or late at night. when your body is naturally relaxed. if your a beer drinker try smoking after a couple brews. all in all I would say take care of yourself, find something else to make your heart race besides weed (ie running) take multi vitamins, make sure your getting lots of B, C, and D. if this still doesnt work than fuck it, call it quits. we all love what the green lady does for us, but i think we can all agree that if its not a good time its a good time to lay off.

19. Well I wouldn't exactly call it a panic attack, I had an overwhelming feeling of anxiety when I was at Walmart for the Black Friday sale. There were people everywhere and I was trying to walk through the crowd and keep up with my cousin. I literally felt trapped and claustrophobic like there was no where to go. I told my cuz "I gotta get out of this crowd....i'm freaking out!" Luckily I found an opening and was able to escape the throngs of people waiting to pick up TV's......lol.

20. i have the same thing currently happening with me. i also cannot go without smoking for over 9 hours. needless to say, i'm cutting back hugely. i think i was putting too much stress on my system smoking as much as i did a day