Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic Attacks

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fuckthecops, Apr 5, 2012.

1. So I have pretty bad panic attacks when I fly on airplanes. The last time I was on a plane, my aunt (a nurse) had to drug me up with benadryl because I could not stop freaking out. I'm going to study abroad in Ireland in the fall, and the plane ride is about 7 hours which will be the longest I've ever taken. Not to mention this will be the first time I'll be flying by myself. I was just wondering, how does one go about getting a prescription for Valium or a similar drug? I'm not sure how my doctor would take it if I just blatantly asked for Valium.

I know this isn't an MMJ question, but I figured this would be the best section to put it in given the medical nature of the question. (Plus I think I would freak out even more if I was high as balls on a plane) Mods, please don't delete this thread. I know its about "other drugs" but this isn't about recreational use. I really need medical advice.

2. If you need medical advice, then I suggest you see your doctor. My mom has the same panic/fear of flying, and she decided to acquire some Clonazepam from a friend. She took it and decided to take a few shots of liquor as well, and mid-way in the flight she had what I think to be a petit mal seizure.:( So, please see your doctor and ask him for his opinion. Good luck, and Jah bless. :D

3. Actually many doctors will prescribe one or two sedative pills like Valium for flight anxiety. It's much different than asking for a full prescription of it, like a full bottle, they won't do that of course, but asking for one or two pills for the flight shouldn't be a big deal at all, especially if he's already familiar with your anxiety issues in general. I've asked for it before and gotten a small prescription since I've had similar problems in the past. Don't be afraid to ask about it

4. I actually haven't told her about my anxiety issues on planes. I think I'll talk to her when I get back from school this summer.

I just hope my mom doesn't give me shit for this.

5. Na, you should be fine. My mom is a dr and writes me small scripts of ativan for flying. 10 pill max. I usually take 2 or 3, wash it down with a gin and tonic, and it's a smooth flight. I don't care what the pilot does after a few of those!

Don't have more than 1 drink tho, you might get denied at the gate.
    Sit back and enjoy the flight!