Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Panic Attacks"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by w1n5ton, Mar 2, 2012.

1. I keep hearing stories about people having panic attacks after smoking. This has NEVER happened to me or anyone I know, is it possible and can anyone confirm it? Stories are welcome :smoking:

2. The only time I get panic attacks after smoking is when I notice my bag is almost gone !

Kidding of coarse, I always have bud.
    Some strains like trainwreck and other heavy hitters will make the rookies a little paranoid and panic prone...:cool:

3. I get them all the time if i try to control the high..... it could also be caused by diabetics having insulin crash... sugar helps... I read that some place

4. I've had a couple of um.. I wasn't smoking tho, doesn't hurt to smoke after tho :smoke:

5. Amen to that! :smoke:

6. I've never had a panic attack, but some strains make me more on edge and I've experienced paranoia. This is not the norm though.

7. It only happens once in a long while then a minute or two later I forget about it and go on being happy :smoke:

8. I had one when I was doing a certain drug but it happened as soon as I hit the bong..
    It nearly happened again but some how I managed to jump off of it as soon as I realized that I was going to have another.

They basically happen because you smoke more then you can take. I took 4-6 bong hits that night when I was use to getting baked off of maybe 2-3 hits from sharing a bowl or two with my friend so needless to say that was a big jump in strength.

If you've been smoking for a while and your tolerance is in existence then your probably never going to have one directly caused by marijuana.

9. Well, I usually smoke to get rid of the panic attack...

10. Bob Marley is quoted as once saying “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”
    That reality can, and will, cause panic attacks if you allow your self evaluation to get deep enough. Those skeletons start coming out, if you ask me it's a beautifully liberating experience. Respect the herb. It's not just a recreational "drug", it's a divine medicine.

11. I've been smoking for 6 years and I had my first set of panic attacks about 2-3 months ago. Idk why I started getting them but I would get 1 everytime i smoked for about a week. I thought i was being possessed by a ghost. My heart slowed to an occasional beat, then got really fast. I became very aware of the process of breathing...harder when you have to force yourself to do it. Basically it was a very scary and annoying episode. Not enjoyable or anticipated.

12. This has happened to me once. I had never had a panic attack before that so I really freaked, felt like I was dying. But it passed after like 5 minutes. I was just way too high

13. #13 StealthRider, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
    You can easily get panic attacks when your high if you Overthink your Problems.. Marijuana can amplify good emotions, as well as the bad. Anxiety is known to be one of the side effects to smoking marijuana.

With the mixture of how Marijuana can skew your cognitive function, therefore your perception of yourself and others are altered, with especially the perception of yourself towards others.

This guys right on the dot:

14. I've looked for the quote... can you link to it???

15. I have a social anxiety so I get panic attacks often...less often when I smoke, but they still happen. And as somebody else said, weed amplifies emotions. so panic attacks when high are way worse and more difficult to control

16. I've only ever had one REALLY bad panic attack from hot boxing in my car after work one night. I started to not be able to breathe, I started hallucinating on my drive home (which felt like hours and was only 2 miles away) and once I got home, I puked, went down to my room and just sat and felt awful, I cant even describe it. I was so scared to smoke again that I waited a good week before lighting up again.

17. Tihspeed, I'm sure you can Google it brother.