Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic attack 190+ bpm

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by scrxm, Jan 29, 2014.

It's not great. There's not really any permanent cure for it. They can convert it (get your heart beating normally) with medicine or you get a little shock (they'll sedate you first). But, I'm in agreement with your doc to quit toking if that triggered it. It could have been bad timing. Hell, he could have gotten anxious and the anxiety could have triggered it like you mentioned.

There are worse things to have. 

Well there's your answer than. Sucks to be you dude. I'd go get checked out. I have really high BP. Like 160/90+  on average. And I have never had that. And I have had shit that made me think I was watching cartoons with my eyes closed.
    yeah, fucking scary.

3. Why's your BP so high? You should start juicing Veggies. Bet that would fix the problem.

4. Lots of reasons...Smoking cigarettes since I was 10 is probably a big part of that. I was a raging alcoholic for 15 years too... Lot's of medications for Cluster Migraines, luckily I was able to get off all of the pain meds and stupid Big Pharma garbage when I tuned back in and dropped back out. Cannabis is great for pain control...and I think that was a big part of my alcoholism. Though I swear I was just a drunk LOL... Shit man. A whole slew of things. But I have good cholesterol, and I have a strong heart. For now... But I need to quit smoking and eat a lot less red meat. Although I rarely do now. Mostly skinless chicken breasts, pork and fish. Lots of veggies...tho not enough I'm sure.

You think veggie juice would do it, or just eating more veg's? And do you juice them or just toss them in a blender?
    I've always been worried about pesticides. And organic is a no go in my area. Small states are the first to lose their soul when Wal-Marts move in..

5. Yeah man, I got a juicer a few weeks ago and I've been juicing everyday and I feel amazing. I've been doing tons of research on juicing and I've watched a bunch of documentaries on juicing. Check out "fat, sick and nearly dead" it's on Netflix. These people cure all their diseases just by juicing Veggies.. It's the best thing you can do for your body next to exercise.

6. Also, I can't get organic in my area right now either but I just wash the veggies that I buy really well.

I will man. I love Netflix documentaries. I have been skinning my vegetables of their rinds as best as I can and the washing pretty good. But fat lot of good I'm doing when I walk out to smoke a Marlboro while my rinsed whit rice is cooking to add to my carefully peeled and steamed squash right? Hell, eating good is probably the only reason I haven't had a stroke....yet.
     I'm gonna check out some juicers. I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets.

8. Provably so. I recommend the omega masticating juicer. That's what I have and it's so easy to clean. Takes about 3 minutes. You can get it on Amazon for around $200.
    Here's it is:

Attached Files:

9. Thanks man, I'll check it out. Was looking at the ones that can go on my KitchenAid mixer just now...but they don't look like they'll do as good a job. Yeah, definitely need a dedicated machine.

10. This thread went so off topic lol.

11. haha try dabbing a .5 glob. ull prolly die from a heart attack

12. [quote name="xxOgkushxx" post="19431161" timestamp="1391038090"]haha try dabbing a .5 glob. ull prolly die from a heart attack[/quote] I've done dabs before... Like I said i smoked way way more before I don't understand why this happened Sent from my iP

13. #53 MooseyPoo, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    I was sorta skimming until here, when referring to "juicing" I thought you were talking about steroids, I was like WHAAAAT??? Until I saw the "Juicing veggies" part ^_^

@OP My guess is just a panic attack. Sounds very, very similar to the panic attacks I've had in the past. Ringing in ears, hearing your heartbeat, all I did was go into the bathroom, throw up, and fall asleep. All better in the morning! But yeah, panic attack is my diagnosis.

Trust me, I'm a doctor. ;)

14. These points you're making are very helpful to this thread. The crazy reactions people are getting from today's domestic weeds were practically non-existent when we had imported stuff that was outdoor grown and natural. I hope that some day we legalize and partner with Mexico, or other countries that can grow weed outdoors, and get ourselves back on track with the right stuff. If people need specialties, such as medicinal strains, which only available from domestic growers, that's fine also - but for 90% or more of us, sativa from our friends in Central and South America would be better to smoke, and cheaper, than what we currently are getting.

15. #55 MooseyPoo, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Perhaps the reason you're hearing about it more nowadays is because of the internet, rather than some huge increase in THC. Think there'd be news articles printed about some kid who felt sick after smoking pot?

16. yea dabs. not globs. try a half gram glob.  ull prolly have a heart attack. either way i dont recoemend a half gram glob unless u can hold it in and hit it all. and then ur lungs hurt for about an hour. like someone sockked u in ur bare lungs. its a good experience tho

17. I remember a few kids getting paranoid on strong weed in the 1970's, but no super-fast pulse rates and going to the hospital was rare, for weed at least. I used to read High Times regularly, in fact I still have some old copies of it. There was nothing like what is going on today, in terms of reports of "bad trips", and other unpleasant experiences.

18. Could be the bud different strains have different high's some times i get weed and don't enjoy the high like kind of a head fuck and a noticeable rise in heart rate many strains now days have very high THC and low CBD witch is what i notice causes these effects try smoking some outdoor or mids wont get the same effect.  

Odds are good that it's not the MJ if you toked before without this effect. Probably just crappy timing. People with SVT go into it randomly. There aren't really any environmental triggers. It's congenital. Check to see if anyone in your family has had it. 

20. [quote name="Dr McJiblets" post="19431765" timestamp="1391043861"]Odds are good that it's not the MJ if you toked before without this effect. Probably just crappy timing. People with SVT go into it randomly. There aren't really any environmental triggers. It's congenital. Check to see if anyone in your family has had it. [/quote] well my mom is VERY prone to panic attacks! The medics were saying that marijuana was causing the svt! My mom was telling me that she can't eat edibles because she had a panic attack after eating one! Maybe it just runs in the family Sent from my iP