panhandle for money (for bud) would you do it?

Discussion in 'General' started by modern-hippy, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Hmm, So that wasn't you then was it?

Anyway OP, don't do it for weed man, only do it if you need it for food and survival materials dawg like rent money or something. But if its to get high, its ill-fated, and lets all remember Karma, dont fuck with her.

I volunteer at a shelter once a month, cooking and serving meals, but I do not give money to the homeless on the street, just a simple principle of mine.

2. I guess its too much to ask for maturity in a thread about debasing yourself to smoke weed, but uh... maybe take the asshole level down a few notches, this is a community, not a jr. high school dick measuring contest. grow up.

3. already done it.. not to proud about it either.. but it wasnt as bad as the time i whored myself for it (joke)

4. Stop bitching and complaining. I hate it; every time I legitimately neg rep one of these new members, they always feel the need to drag it into the public forum and moan about it.

Considering this is a discussion forum, I figured it would be pretty reasonable for me to ask you to elaborate on a claim you're making.

5. And your overhwelming hypocrisy is very amusing.

6. #46 anarkin, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    I relied on panning and dumpstering for a good chunk of the summer. Some of the money went to weed and booze, but that was only when I knew I had enough food to last a couple days, and I never was out panning for the sole purpose of getting weed and booze, just food and cash to pay mates to crash at their place and the odd hotel room when the weather was rough.

Panning when you don't need to be doing it is practically robbing from the homeless, and I've met a few people who have no problem watching you pan in their "turf" and then just mugging you when you go to leave to get the money they would have made if it wasn't for your greedy ass.

7. Ive sat outside 99 cent store, big lots, and deltaco just to panhandle everyone i saw
    got enuf for a dime :]
    took like an hour though

8. In my opinion that is the wrong word. Beggars don't "take" the money, they receive it. If you give to bums, you're probably just throwing a few cents out, and you accept the risk that they're dishonest.

If I were to give to bums (which I don't) I would not feel like my money was "taken" since... Um I took it out of my pocket and willingly dropped it in a cup, you know?

9. Nah i woodnt put my self in that situation thats a little to extreme for me, to much of crackhead status begging for money fuck dat i rather sell then to beg for money thats my opinion

10. I remember a few years ago the local news somehow or another "caught" a fake homeless person...

She would literally just stand on a busy intersection all day long while people just handed her money, and later in the day she went home to her kids and husband.

She was asked, why she did it... She said.. "Because people just hand me money... I just stand there, and they give me money!"

lol, thought I would share.

11. Hah I like that attitude.