Palestinian boy killed by IDF during incursion.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trippers, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Boy killed 'by Israeli gunfire' in Gaza - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Emphasis mine: This is another way of saying, "we shoot at anything that moves."

But hey, they got one more, bet that makes them happy.

2. Oh yes, it does. Drinking Palestinian blood is actually extremely commonplace among Israelis. The younger, the better.

3. so...Israel has a pedophile vampire problem?;)

4. Kid was a terrorist.

5. Nice hyperbole. :rolleyes:

6. I don't even like particularly Israel myself, but FFS. It's practically the only country that's not allowed to defend itself, according to libertarians. Iran? FUCK YEAH! FIGHT THE POWER IRAN! Keep them nuclear enrichment going!

7. I am a libertarian, who thinks Israel should defend Israel and not the US... That is where I draw the line. Not sure if OP is a libertarian himself

8. I'm satirizing your absurd implication that Israelis were happy they killed a child.

9. Not being happy is not enough. It should disgust them, and it should spark debates on how to prevent it in the future.

10. Yea.. You only quote story that kid was killed, BUT you didn't quote the story that started it all.... A fucking RPG missile was fired by terrorists from Gaza on IDF jeep that was touring outside of gaza. They injured badly 4 soldiers, they still in hospital today.

And the 70 rockets that they are firing to Israel cities today you also wont say a thing..... Silence...

I hope the IDF hit Gaza terrorist hard this time with no mercy.

11. [quote name='"Dima79"']

Yea.. You only quote story that kid was killed, BUT you didn't quote the story that started it all.... A fucking RPG missile was fired by terrorists from Gaza on IDF jeep that was touring outside of gaza. They injured badly 4 soldiers, they still in hospital today.

And the 70 rockets that they are firing to Israel cities today you also wont say a thing..... Silence...

I hope the IDF hit Gaza terrorist hard this time with no mercy.[/quote]

As long as they arent spending our tax dollars to do it i couldnt care less what Israel does.

12. Hell, I like that excuse more than the religious ones they've been fighting over for thousands of years...

OP, the additional tragedy here is the thought racing through my mind that the 13-year old "boy" involved here may have been armed.

It is very sad to say that there is no such thing as "childhood" in some parts of our world, so although it pains me to see another life lost over this senseless battle (especially a young one), it can be difficult at times to separate the civilian from the soldier, even at 13 years old.

Please don't get me wrong. This does not offer an excuse to what happened here. Death is death. It merely offers a different viewpoint. It is a different world (and mentality) when kids running around playing with a ball can mean suicide bomber watch.

This is but one of the many reasons war must end. Man would not even be able to construct these viewpoints in the absence of it.

13. Uh, if you want to get to the root of what "started it all", you're gonna have to do better than that.

Like go back say a few thousand years...

You hope for no mercy.

I hope that at some fucking point, people can find peace instead of putting children on the firing line.

14. Yea, me too. But thats one of the terror ways... Using kids.

15. Palestinians have the right to fight the force that occupies their land. If Israel was invaded by an foriegn nation and that nation set up an occupation, what do you think the response should be from the IDF and the Israeli government? Whatever your answer is, the Palestinians should be able to do the same thing.

I quoted the whole and complete article, and as someone has stated, the root of the problem goes far deeper than one RPG. I was being sarcastic about the child comment, but for every Palestinian killed it makes it easier for Israel to expand their broders which is exactly what they are doing. Go back to the 1967 borders and if you get attacked, defend and respond to those attacks. Israel has a strong military and have proven they can defend themselves, the occupation is only in place for the purpose to expand Israel, nothing more.

16. but it has
    every time it happens, someone somewhere does start a discussion on the matter and people start to see the horrors of such actions..

war sucks, when you're just a citizen in the line of fire, it doesn't matter which side you're on, war just sucks.:(

17. they are invading Israel's land. they fight, they pay the costs. i too hate to see civilians get hurt. if they were no civilians in there, hamas and their friends would be gone long ago.

18. I mean a discussion among political leaders, nationally and internationally. They seem to take these casualties in stride and just carry on with what they've been doing for years.

19. #19 J-DILLA, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    Yes, I'm sure firing rockets at 8 AM (when Israeli children go to school) really helps the cause of the Palestinians and their right to fight back against innocent civilians:rolleyes:

Anywho, I'm sure the IDF didn't intentionally target the child nor did it celebrate his death.

20. [​IMG]

lmao...but seriously...