Palestine!

Discussion in 'General' started by Digit, Mar 6, 2003.

?

Who are the real terrorists?

1. Certainly not the palestinians. they are a war torn desperate freedom fighting bunch. Izraeli poli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. anyone paying their taxes to help fund the genocide effort.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both the palestinians and the izraelis.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. the palestinians, the izraelis (and their mockery of a democracy), the americans.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. the palestinians... the ones who blow themselves up and throw stones, shoot antique guns at tanks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Izrael and anyone who helps them brutalize the palestinian people.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. First, let me say that my intention was not to sart a flamewar.

Secondly, I'm not saying our treatment of the japanese was right, but did we gas and incinerate them or extract their teeth for the gold and silver in their fillings? No. Therefore I stand by my assessment of your comparison between our treatment of the japanese and hitlers treatment of the jews.

Thirdly, yes, I have read the bible, and nowhere in it, is it signed by god. According to you man cannot create anything perfect, so how can the bible, which was written by men, be infallible? Jesus was a jew? Oh my!! All this time I thought he was a buddhist.......no wait, if he had been a buddhist, he wouldn't have taught people to believe they were better than everyone and everything else on the planet.

2. I don't want to argue (I'm kind of burnt out from the war threads) so rather than throwing in my complete two cents here's a wooden nickel...

Someone (dunno who, I might've seen it at the city in fact) once wrote this thing about how Jesus might have turned water into 'wine'. According to this theory Jesus would have taken a kind of psycedelic mushroom that grew in the region at that time (and now as a matter of fact) and gave it to his followers and said, 'eat this, it's my flesh...' (or however that went). If you eat enough of this particular kind of shroom your urine turns an orangy-red color and can actually be drank to get a hallucinogenic effect, thereby turning water into wine by consuming shrooms and water then, er, letting out the wine.

I personally don't believe anything happens that can't, at least eventually, be explained by logic. Something that is one day a miracle can some day be unlikely but possible circumstances, or even just something that someone wanted to be percieved as a miracle.

Okay, I'm done, sorry for the mostly off topic post.

3. i'm not trying to start a "flamewar". i just believe you have some mixed up information.

ok, my point about the japanese still stands though, and here's why. we treated them as inferior people simply because their country of origin. it's the same basic principal. yes i know we didn't incinerate them or put them in the gas chambers... but we did tream them as if they were in some way lesser than we are. oh, and another point... hitler also didn't kill 500,000 innocent people by dropping 2 atomic bombs on 'em either. hitler's damage died with the ending of WWII. the damage delt by our country to japan still goes on today... so really, who was worse? sure, hitler's plans and means of achieving them were more greusome, but the consequences of OUR actions were by far worse.

true. nowhere in the Bible is God's signature. this doesn't mean that He wasn't the author of it. how can the book be penned by man and be infalliable? easy... God spoke it, men wrote it. it wasn't men writing down their words. it was men writing down God's words...

the mere fact that there has never been a contradiction found just proves my point. man could not have come up with the words in that book... the words had to have come from God. otherwise there would be major flaws... flaws that would be found in a heart beat... not flaws that would take mellienia to discover.

even if it was written by 1 person, or edited, or whatever you wanna say, it'd still contain contradictions and major errors. you can swear up and down that it does, but until you can actually show me where the Bible's wrong, you have absolutely no grounds for argument against it. just because you've read it doesn't mean you've read it and understand it.

and by your claims of Jesus teaching people that they're better than everyone else on the planet just goes to prove that you really don't know what you're talking about concerning Christianity. if Jesus taught that ANYONE was better than ANYONE else... then why -- when the people were ready to stone the adulteress -- did he say (not an exact quote) 'whoever among you is without sin may throw the first stone'; and then when everyone backed away and he was the only one left standing he said (again, not an exact quote) 'they didn't condemn you, neither shall I".

KraziHare... the shrooms in which you speak of are found in alaska. the eskamos (sp?) used to drink the urin of the native reindeer after the reindeer ate the shrooms. this would cause them to mildly to moderately hallucinate, and have images and dreams of them flying (usually). when Jesus turned water into wine, he turned water into (for lack of a better term) grape juice. it was an unfermented, nonalchoholic beverage. any beverage containing alchohol back then was referred to as hard drink.

so yeah... i know someone out there's gonna get all pissy about this because they're taking it the wrong way. if you think you can prove me wrong... go ahead and try. i'm open to hear what you have to say. but if you insist in doing this, please be open to what i have to say as well. i'm just asking the same respect i show. in no way was anything in here meant to be disrespectful or offensive. just trying to straighten out some mixed up info and back up my beliefs with facts. sorry if i offended anyone.

4. this thread was about palestine. and how israel gets away with murder. i will however start up a thread named "how the bible is wrong" where we can all argue to our harts content :)

where would that thread be suitable? pandoras box or general?

5. Spirituality And Philosophy would be fine :D

sorry about getting all off topic... Israel doesn't get away with murder... nor does Palestine. they're both guilty, they both attack eachother in retaliation, therefor they're BOTH in the wrong.

problem solved, lol.

6. I also apologize for going so far off topic, and look forward to the spirituality thread. You haven't offended me at all, I enjoy the difference in views. That's what this country was founded on.

On the topic of Palestine I still feel that the Israellis are more in the wrong, because they respond to stone throwing with tanks and automatic weapons. The Palestinian people have resorted to terroristic activities because they don't have the benefit of being supplied with F-16s, Apaches, tanks, etc...........

7. lol... he never started the thread... so i guess this means he has no proof of the Bible being wrong! LOL

i'd start one... but i'd feel kinda weird starting a thread that asks people to prove the Bible wrong. it'd feel like i was just trying to pick a fight with people.

8. hacven't gotten to it yet, busy weekend, lots'a work and drink.

i've got to do some research too you see, i wouldn't want to be cought in an inaccuracy :)

9. you're not going to start it until you find a legit error?

mind you... they've been searching for almost 2,000 years... haven't found any yet.

10. murder can never be fully justified but in this case israel has MUCH more power and with power comes responsibilty therefore because of their tanks its more on them to find a way to stop anyone from dying

just my opinion...

3-2

P.S. An army should never use bulldozers to knock over schools hospitals and other civic buildings

PEACE IN THE M.E.

11. I second that. After everything I've been seeing over the last few years about the battles (and wars) that have been going on in the East, I think someone ( even if its NOT America) needs to go over there and settle some things. Not by bombing or killing people, but by settleing things peacefully....some how....

And another thing, I don't agree with war, but I see no other alternative....

12. hey ienjoytheweed, who do you think it was that gave them the tanks?

13. us (same people who put the taliban in power) and most people dont know that because the american media is openly pro israel

its retarted for the mediators of a conflict to give support to one side esppecially the one already in power imposing a curfew on the other

14. Look dudes...

Israel and many jews in general, are very separatist people that don't give to anybody but themselves. When they do give, they are doing it for some ulterior motive. If you aren't jewish, they look down on you...whatever you are. Don't take me wrong, i don't have anything against jews. I actually have lots of jewish friends, but this doesn't mean i don't know how many of them are.

They are just interested in making money and marrying between themselves. By the way, Israel gets LOADS of cash from all the jews in the U.S. (big corporations and entertainment conglomerates), which makes the fight between Israel and Palestinia VERY unfair. Palestinians have to blow themselves up, because they don't stand a chance against the U.S. backed Israelian army.

Even if Israel won that 6 day war, they were given that land by the U.N. after WW2, which means that what happened was that someone gave them a hand and they took an arm. Dude, remember that they could only wage that war because they were sent to that area that was PREVIOUSLY inhabited by Palestinians.

It's like if you are sitting in your house and a new neighbor moves in next door and one day decides to brake into your house and take it over. If he wins and beats you, he gets to keep your house. Is that correct? Of course it isn't. So technicalities are bullshit in this situation. SO...in a nutshell, that's what has happened with Israel and Palestine. I personally, back up the Palestinians even if some of their actions are wrong. Why? because they are the David in this situation...and Israel is the Goliath.

I await your replies. by the way...before anybody says i should read about this...i just want to let you know that i took a 2 semester course about this conflict a few months ago. It was given by an Israeli and a Palestinian (damn...it was fun!). And i learned and understood alot. ok...c-ya!

Keep kewl,
    GanjaGoblin

15. WOOHOO!

THEY ADMITTED IT!!! THEY ADMITTED IT!!!!

Izraeli politicians finally used the word "occupation" stating that it was no good for either their people or the palistinians!

hurrah!

progress at last!

16. Exactly

17. like thats going to change anything?

There will never be peace until the zionists relinquish all stolen Palistinan land

I realize that legally the land belongs to the zionists, but international laws are merely manifestations of evil imperialist forces.

18. true.

but maybe it will help the ignorant onlookers to rethink (think for the first time in many cases) what they believe, or what they have been told to believe about the situation

19. Israel play by the rules don't make me laugh, there the biggest fucking extremists in this fuckin world, you think everything you see on the news is true, then bwoy ya just being brainwashed badly, most of that shit is Propaganda. Who stole Palestinians land Americans to give to the Jews after WWII and they knew the kind of hate Muslims and Jews have got so it was pre planned, Americans are run by Jews so what can the poor Palestinians do, jakk until America does something.

How can someone accept defeat if they were forced out of there own land, how would tyou feel if you were kicked out of your country so Muslims can settle there instead, i don't think you'll be happy at all and if thats where everything you have is obviously your gonna fight for it.

20. This dude is right...u either have been brainwashed or you like spanking ariel sharon's willy...either way, you are wrong!

laterz.
    GanjaGoblin