Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pain relief

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Punkyou5150, Oct 22, 2015.

1. I'm getting some brownies today, and I was wondering how much to eat for pain relief, but won't cause me to get high.

2. Welcome to the forums!

This article has some great information about low-dose edibles:

http://boingboing.net/2014/11/18/everything-you-ne...

I will quote the relevant section on dosage:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >Here are some basic anecdotal rules of thumb concerning THC dose for
    occasional cannabis users. Again, these are anecdotal and should not be
    considered professional or medical advice. Remember that there are
    genetic differences among individuals, so doses and onset times vary.

2 mg: threshold of psychoactivity for infrequent users. Very little to no impairment.

2.5 mg: most report psychoactivity equal to a glass of wine or a
    beer. Doses in this range are popular for social anxiety, encouraging
    the munchies, and focus.

5 mg: nearly all occasional users will note significant
    psychoactivity. Significant appetite stimulation. Mild psychoactivity,
    akin to two to three glasses of wine.

10 mg: Strong psychoactivity for most occasional users.
    Significant distraction from pain. This dose is often recommended by
    physicians to stem nausea from chemotherapy.

15 mg: Most occasional users report uncomfortable levels of psychoactivity at this dose. Regular users of cannabis do not.</blockquote>

Based on this information, I recommend you start with a dose between 5mg and 10mg for your first experience. Good luck, let us know how it goes! :)

3. Welcome to the forum, Punkyou5150, glad to have you. You're wise to check on the dosage before eating, so many members write in about terrible experiences with eating too much.
    If you don't know the strength of the brownie I would suggest starting with a fourth, waiting 60-90 minutes Depending on how you feel then you should be able to judge how much more to eat. Some people take two hours for the brownie kicks in. Better too little than too much. Puddleglum has good information. If you know the strength, I'd definitely follow her guidelines. Good luck, mate, hope the brownie helps the pain.

4. Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to pick them up right now. I'll let you know how it goes.