Pacifism?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Tray Dub, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Honestly, does anyone really believe in it? I can't imagine why. So explain it to me, pacifists.

2. You can be against violence but i cant see someone being that Christ like that they are incapable of being pushed to resort to violence. Every body has a breaking point.

3. christ layed the smackdown upon several people. people selling shit out front of the church. he pwned all their shit

4. Diplomacy works better than Rambo-ing shit up.

5. Your right, never thought about it that way, i guess it just prroves the point.

6. Can we get that quote from the bible?

My understanding of the legend is that he threw them out, not that he put any 'smackdown' on anyone.

He then supposedly delivered the Sermon on the mount, which should be the pacifists anthem, and should be written on the walls of Congress, IMHO.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of god"

Some smackdown, huh?

7. Yeah, but there are times when violence is the answer. If you walk in on someone who's about to kill someone, can't you attack him to save a life? According to pacifists, no.

8. I believe there was a case a few years back, where someone walked in on a robbery, and the house owner smashed on the thieves with a baseball bat, and went too far and was actually charged with assault in the end...

9. Well if someone's on the ground and they've given up, you can't keep beating the shit out of them. I don't know what actually happened, but that could make sense to me.

10. Yeah, I'm not positive on the details as to what happened, but I remember his plan backfired and fucked himself in the asshole.

11. happened in the uk too, a middle aged man was having his house robbed, heard him downstairs, walked down, got into a struggle with the man, and shot the man in the back (in the back, which means he had his face the other way i.e running away). It killed the robber and the man got done for manslaughter.

12. Word... Jesus wouldn't put himself in an -ism box. :)

13. i'm normally too stoned to want to fight, so it works out.

14. Years ago some dude pulled a bat on me and when he swung it i caught it and wrestled it from him and beat him with his own bat. Long story short i got charged, the judge ruled that once i gained controll of bat i should have stoped it.