Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pa Laws?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Weedpack, May 28, 2013.

1. #1 Weedpack, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  2. I'm pretty sure it's still a felony since it's not legalized or decriminalized in PA.

At least a misdemeanor.

3. #3 GanjFarmer', May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    Well how the law likes to do it is they like to weigh everything, the entire plant and stuff. So say if it comes out to 10lbs then you would be charged as if you had 10lbs of Marijuana. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works for states that don't have a clear cut, X amount of plants will get you X punishment.

And I live in PA, 1 plant is a felony. Don't get caught with 10 lol.

4. I'm not sure, I always wondered this myself. Maybe call a lawyer who specializes in marijuana and ask him/her? 

5. I'm pretty sure ten plants is over the limit. Its normally two or three is a misdemeanor in most states so ten. Don't see how it couldn't be a felony anywhere in the U.S. 

6. I'm from PA (Philly), its pretty harsh.  Here's copy/paste from a West Chester lawyer's site: "Cultivating or Growing Ten to 21 Live Marijuana Plants
    If a person is charged with growing or cultivating marijuana, and the amount is at least ten live plants, but less than 21 live plants, the alleged offender could face at least one year in prison and a $5,000 fine. The amount of the fine can increase to amount equal to the proceeds resulting from the illegal activity.
    If the defendant has previously been convicted of any other drug, marijuana or controlled substance trafficking or cultivation offense their minimum mandatory penalties will increase upon sentencing. A second offense is punishable by a minimum prison sentence of two years and a $10,000 fine. The fine amount may increase to an amount equal to the proceeds resulting from the illegal activity."

7. Cultivating 10-21 plants has a minimum sentence of 1 year. Depends on your lawyer and number of plants.

8. Sorry for the confusion. I wanted to know for less then 10 plants, like 3-4 actually.

9. Got it from same site as last post: Cultivation of Marijuana under Pennsylvania Law
    If an alleged offender is caught with nine or less cultivated and live marijuana plants in Pennsylvania, the arresting officers may determine the weight of the marijuana plants by using any certified scale convenient to the place of arrest in order to determine the weight of the growing marijuana plant.
    The whole plant, including the root system, is considered when determining the aggregate weight of the marijuana plant. However, the aggregate weight does not include any substance that is not a part of the growing plant. This means the root system can be used to determine how much the plant weighs, but not any soil that may be attached to the roots.

Cultivating Two to Ten Pounds of Marijuana
    If a person is charged with growing or cultivating marijuana, and the amount is at least two pounds but less than ten pounds, the alleged offender could face at least one year in prison and a fine up to $5,000. The amount of the fine may increase to an amount equal to the proceeds resulting from the illegal marijuana activity.
    If the defendant has previously been convicted of any other drug, marijuana or controlled substance trafficking or cultivation offense their minimum maximum penalties will increase upon sentencing. A second or subsequent offense is punishable by at least two years in prison a fine of $10,000. The amount of the fine may increase to an amount equal to the proceeds that resulted from the illegal activity.

Cultivating Marijuana Between Ten and 50 Pounds
    If a person is charged with growing or cultivating marijuana, and the amount is at least ten pounds, but less than 50 pounds, the alleged offender could face a minimum of three years in prison and a fine of $15,000. The amount of the fine may increase to amount that equals the proceeds resulting from the illegal marijuana activity.
    If the defendant has previously been convicted of any other drug, marijuana or controlled substance trafficking or cultivation offense, their minimum maximum penalties will increase upon sentencing. A second offense is punishable by a minimum of four years in prison and a fine of $30,000. The fine amount can be increased to an amount that equals the proceeds resulting from the illegal marijuana activity.