P90x

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by theduckyone, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Anyone else doing this? I just started today, they aren't joking when they say its hard. I must have done a million pushups LOL :D

2. i hear that shit is brutal, if i was ever going to seriously get into shape, i'd do that system

shits costs money though, wtf i'll never pay for a workout

3. Yea its no joke. My ass still hurts from "Ab Ripper X" and I have to do that like...3 times a week.

Yep its not cheap, but the real expensive part is all the crap they say you need to go with it...yoga block..WTF?

If you really wanna do it X-treme or whatever shouldn't you just use cinder blocks?

4. My uncle is doing it and he's getting pretty ripped. I think i might try it when i cycle off creatine.

5. I'm planning on starting it tomorrow (i downloaded it:))

6. i got a copy from my friend for free. im not ready to commit to it yet i hear its going to be intense. but when i do im gonna be ripped! me and my friend are gonna work out together. we agreed its easier to commit to it if we do it together. good luck

7. I did a couple of the workouts with my friend and they are pretty damn intense. Kempo was fairly easy, but I remember the plyo workout kicked my ass, I was sore for a good week after it.

8. #8 Durchii, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
    Yeah, I'm currently in the process of downloading it myself. If anything, just to look it over and gain a better opinion of it (And dole it out freely amongst my friends and family, of course. :p), but so far it looks like a pretty legitimate Calisthenics workout. This download is pretty complete, too. It includes all of the movies, PDFs that include Diet Guides, Workout Calendars, Excel Worksheets, Fitness Guides and Nutrition Guides. Plus some strange bonus video called 'How to Bring It.' Ummm... :rolleyes: :p

I'll check it out, see what I think and update this post in the next day or two.

9. I'm on day 23 today and I can see crazy results. I've always been a runner/swimmer so I'm decently built. I'm not doing P90X for size just for definition and it works. The guy who leads get annoying as hell after a while though. Turn that shit on mute and put some music on. Oh and it's also helped me improve my swimming times. (50, 100 Free and my 100, and 200 Breast for sure)

10. wow no way im about to start this and post a thread up when i saw this hahaha!

who wants to start with me from the 18th of this month because next week is exam week :( so i gotta study

11. i started this about a month ago... got halfway through week 2 and a bunch of shit just delayed it.

finals, my gram passed away, working more.. but as soon as i can find time im doing it again. i used to go for a run on my rest day. even in the 2 weeks i did the program i noticed the results.

12. yo im dead set going to start this , im gunna take some pictures of before and after and around 100 days from now ill showyou the resuslts every 30 days

13. I just finished day 11 today, i'm not rly sticking to the diet that much. I'm just eating lots of protein and less garbage food, munchies are pretty hard to get through :p. Even though I'm not doing the diet to a tee, I've still already lost over 5lbs, and have noticed some results. Once you get in the groove of it, it's not really that bad, the workouts are freaking intense though... plyo!! :(:(

good luck to everyone who is doing p90x or about to start:)

14. well i downloaded it, but i worked out with my normal routine today

i'll probably get around to starting it one of these days, maybe tomorrow? haha

15. well sure enough i gave the chest/back (day 1) video a pretty decent run through, didnt really keep up with the number of reps they did but i held my own

so that vid wraps up and i think im done, but then ab ripper x shows up at the end of the video

so i gave that a shot and probably did pretty horribly but did a good amount of each exercise

im wasted man, really wish i had some bud ahaha

16. HAHAHAHAH @ ''as soon as i think im done the ab ripper x showed up''
    LLMAO!!!

17. ab ripper x makes me feel like i have to shit haha.

especially those cross over things at the end. i get through about 50..

started it up again yesterday. didnt have any time today to do plyo, but i still got some exercise in.

ive lost 10 lbs since starting it (the first time) and i can already notice results

18. hardest work out ive ever done in my life... and yeah i use to be one of those gym rats lol just kinda stopped cause of work and school... ive had p90x for bout 3 months =S havnt got past first week! i seriously need to start doing it! i hope i can start tomorrow and stick to it.
    has anyone tried N.O xplode or dat shit? its really good just kinda expensive.. my .2 cents

19. man i bought it around 3 months ago as well!!! hahaha im fully commiting for it this friday when all my exams are over im hyped and readyy :D

20. hahaha good luck man!
    for the ones who are doing p90x are ya doing the diet??