ozzfest 2004 rumors

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Doobication, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Rumors regarding the lineup for Ozzfest 2004 have begun circulating; as of now, the following bands are strongly rumored to be taking part in this year's Ozzfest:

Ozzy Osbourne
    Judas Priest
    Velvet Revolver
    Hatebreed
    Damageplan
    Superjoint Ritual
    In Flames
    Lamb Of God
    Killswitch Engage
    Devildriver

This is fuckin awesome... superjoint ritual and damageplan on the same stage.... hopefully they forget the past and re-unite and play some Pantera songs... THAT WOULD NEVER FUCKIN HAPPEN.. but it would be sweet.... you think?

2. ......I don't know any of those bands.

Ozzfest never comes to Canada anyways.

3. WHAAAAAAT???? Where is your rock located that you are sheltered under, hehe jk.

Don't forget the best band rumored to be co-headlining the second stage with Hatebreed...

SLIPKNOT!!!!!!!

4. i hate slipknot......they have nothing to contribute towards music, as far as i'm concerned!!.........Peace out............Sid

5. I would get all happy about Judas Priest touring...but Ozzfest never comes to New Orleans. And I'm going to have to agree with sidious about Slipknot.

6. I bet their drummer is better than all the drummers from your list of top 10 favorite bands.

7. ^ now I don't want to be putting down a band or anything (just something I don't really do) but do you say that just because of his double bass druming? Because a lot of use that as the basis for saying he is good, but every decent drummer I've heard can do that..

8. the truth revealed. hatebreeds good i like ozzy and judas priest too. im sorry but their are plenty of good drummers. i dont think that slipknots drummer comes close to being a great drummer. Kieth moon and Bonzo are way better they rock my socks. well this is just my opinion so take it or leave it.

9. no chance, he doesn't even come close to John Bohnam, and he aint nowhere near Keith Moon either........and that's only my top 2..........Peace out..........Sid

10. That jerk off from Slipknot has to have 2 other percussionists to help him out with his sound, gotta remember that. On the albums, it's 3 drummers, not 1. And he can't touch Dave Lombardo, he's the mastah.

11. I can't wait to hear something from Velvet Revolver!

12. Joey from Slipknot is amazing, no bullshit. I listen to a shit load of music(and I've been to over 60 concerts) and I'm not just being a fanboy saying he's is super cool. He is just as fucking tight as a drummer can be. His back up percussionists don't have shit on him and it's pretty obvious to tell if you are listening to them or Joey.

Sid, the thing is, I bet Joey could play what those dudes have recorded, but not vice versa.

13. i think it would be the other way around, remember John Bohnam lived in the middle of the country, probably didn't have a T.V. as i know he didn't have a phone, Page and plant had to send over 30-40 telegrams to convince him to join the band, as they knew he was the best drummer.......basically he had a lot of spare time, and practised a lot.........on a dvd i seen, his son was playing and was only like 8, and was spinning the sticks in his hands and p[laying away......lol........i think the dude from slipknot would struggle with moby dick.........as for 2 bassdrums, Phil Collins can play with 2 no problem, and he's actually a really good drummer as well..........Peace out........Sid

14. i'm sorry but until any of you have ever heard the boston bands The Dedication or Sex Positions (from the demo) you have never heard the tightest drummer ever. the albums he recorded on displayed well his talent, however when he was warming up at shows or just jamming out.. he played some of the most complex amazing shit i've ever heard. i'm not sure of his name exactly, i think his first name is rich. i dunno. but he is the sickest drummer ever.

15. Well I take back Joey being the absolute best. Instead I say the most talent for drumming lies in the heavy metal genre. So many death metal bands(and other sub-genre's) that just put the old timers to shame. Okay maybe not to shame, but they are just tighter drummers with more abilities. IMO.

16. aww man how did i forget Mickey Hart. Planet of the drums was one sick album. also Vinnie Amico and Jim Loughlin of MOE. are crazy sick. they dont play the same types of percussion at the same time so they are drummers in their own right. crystals dont get me wrong metal has plenty of great drummers but hells no.

17. o MAN! You gotta be kidding me! There is nothing Bonzo couldn't play, doubt Keith Moon would have much trouble either

18. this is the list i just heard...

Amen
    As I Lay Dying
    Damageplan
    DevilDriver
    Hatebreed
    In Flames
    Killswitch Engage
    Lamb Of God
    Slipknot
    Unearth
    Velvet Revolver

----------------------
    btw stop the hatin on joey!! hes not the best no but he has skills....you guys talk as if any one of u can just go out and play it, thats all i got to say...
    ----------------------