ozone generator/ona gel/odor neutralizing options for open door closet grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Nugmonsta, Aug 3, 2010.

1. i have 3 lowryder plants growing right now, in a closet with two 20in box fans for air circulation. so there is no vents for scrubbers or anything like that the closet door just stays open. ive grown loweryders in my house before and just one plant stunk up my entire house due to poor insulation i assume. i need to purifiy this air for stealth reasons, im looking at a ozone generator on ebay right now, says is can purify 3,500 sq ft. will this actually kill the odor from my plant if i just put it in my room next to the closet?will ona gel make a difference? the ozone system is 280 bucks on ebay brand is called green air, any suggestions would be great keep in mind i dont have any vents jsut a open closet in my room pushing stanky air out.

2. Ona gel works, or so im told, never actually used it..
    I havent got anything maskin smell for my grow, aint too much of an issue..
    The ozone generator would work, but its a hefty price, id try the ona gel if i was u. :D

3. carbon filters are always going to be your best bet

you could make a simple cardboard cover for the door opening with a cutout at the bottom to place your boxfan in, and a cutout at the top to put a carbon filter in, and then try to seal up the rest of the openings as much as possible with tape / foam rubber weatherstripping / whatever

with that you might still want an Ona gel in the room to help clean up the air that escapes when you open it up

4. Hang a tarp over the doorway with a zipper (20 bucks total at home depot) and then add the cutouts for your fans and such. I did this on my closet has been working good so far

5. I wouldn't use a ozone generator for the air in your house. Have heard too many bad things about them causing health issues. Now if you had it venting out of your home that would be a different story.

6. i found an online site giving sample 23/100 2700k odor eating lightbulbs...just plugged it into my grow tent...works great.....only problem is its only on 12/12....negative pressure takes care of the down time...my deuce:wave:

7. I have 2x ti2 lights and an ona bucket in my closet. There is no smell in the closet but the rest of my apartment smells like a pair of mating skunks.

My advise is to just capture a wild skunk and keep it in the house. You will atleast have something that can hide the smell or atleast take the blame.

8. I think the best use of ona gel is to just put a small dish in each room with a spoonful of gel. I wouldnt try to kill the smell within the grow space because its a lost cause. instead use small amounts around the house to kill the odors that seep out.

9. You simply cant live in a house with an ozone generator. It makes your eyes, nose and throat burn and is really bad for your health. trust me dont waste your money, get a carbon filter and inline fan and follow the ventilation sticky in the grow room design forum to a tee. Do it right the first time and you wont regret it. everyone uses carbon filters for a reason. Just make sure you have negative pressure or the filter wont work properly. all the ventilation info is in the sticky i mentioned.