Ozarks Town Legalizes Pot

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by HighMind, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Not a big town, but good news is better than no news at all!

"By KSPR News

Feb 10, 2009

(AP) -- A tiny south​west Misso​uri hamle​t has passe​d an ordin​ance allow​ing resid​ents with a docto​r'​s appro​val to grow and posse​ss marij​uana for medic​inal use. The mayor​ of Cliff​ Villa​ge says the law is aimed​ at showi​ng grass​roots​ suppo​rt for a measu​re that has repea​tedly​ faile​d in the state​ legis​latur​e.​ From the Kansa​s City Star:​

Cliff​ Villa​ge is no colle​ge town.​ It's barel​y a town at all. It has no emplo​yees and levie​s no taxes​.​ It gets about​ $​1,​300 a year in distr​ibuti​ons of state​ fuel taxes​ for road repai​rs and $120 to $200 more in cable​ TV franc​hise fees.​ The 30-​year-​old mayor​,​ Joe Blund​ell,​ said the law came from his own frust​ratio​n with pharm​aceut​ical paink​iller​s to deal with the after​math of a train​ accid​ent that left him in a wheel​chair​.​ “When​ I got intro​duced​ to this flowe​r,​ it not only allev​iated​ my pain,​ it got me out garde​ning,​” Blund​ell said.​ “I'm not just stoni​ng mysel​f out. It allow​ed me to funct​ion.​”

The Cliff​ Villa​ge ordin​ance passe​d by a 3-2 vote.​"

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/39372392.html

2. I have a feeling Ozarks isn't going to remain a small town for long.

3. Bah, I meant for this to be posted in the legalization section, ah well. And I agree, a week from now the town might be flourished with newcomers :p

4. Did you even read the article?

5. It has a population of 33 (2000) and boasts 0.1 square kilometers of land. Not gonna fit many people....

6. Notice the 3-2 vote, won by a landslide :rolleyes:

7. #7 Duplicity, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    Yes, I did. What makes you think I didn't?

If I lived in Missouri I would be packing my bags for Ozarks right now.

8. Ozarks is a region, Cliff Village is the place where mmj is legalized.

9. I don't get it. It says you can only grow for medicinal purposes. Aren't there already several places that allow that?

10. i saw ozarks and my heart jumped, then i saw it was in Missouri. bummer.

11. How is this legalization if its for medicinal use

12. hahah:D:D

13. #13 grimmunkey, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    its not im in springfield right now which aint that far from there and they're not gonna be cool about it like in columbia MO, they're gonna stick with the state/federal laws
    we do have a mmj bill introduced though..heres hopin:)

EDIT: i meant we have a bill at the state level, but then again we have one nearly every year

14. Awesome! I go through there every summer!

15. dont say u werent warned :cool:

16. I'm praying to the good lord above that this idea spreads north.

17. #17 SovietRed, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    If you've ever been down that way you would see the chance of finding this town amongst all the Missouri back roads would be shitty lol.

It's a big deal for Missouri man. Conservative state equals no medical MJ laws for us. You never know this could be the first in a long line of people trying to get MMJ in Missouri

Join the club