Oxycontin question.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by frothylampost, Dec 4, 2008.

1. A few months ago I came across about 20, 20mg oxycontins. Me and my friend ended up taking all of them and a bunch of oxycodone and vicodin within the next few weeks. My question is I've heard that Oxycontin is more addictive than heroin but I was always in control and never felt a need for them. Is this because of a non addictive personality or what?
    P.S. the pills were always snorted and the most we ever did was 50mg. A normal dose was usaully 30-40mg.

2. I'm a heroin addict.

Personally, it really doesn't matter about what is addictive than something. If you are using opiates recreationally, and you use them frequently, you'll get addictive, its the personallity and the person. Just play it safe with all opiates and you'll be fine, heroin, or perks, or whatever. It's faster to get addicted to heroin, but if you space out heroin your fine. So just spacppe out shit with all opiates.

3. if you didn't go through any withdrawals, don't get too cocky with opiates, because it'll come up and bite you in the ass.

4. Exactly^, If you havent gone through WD's yet then just chill out and take them once or twice a week, any wore than that and you will most likely get addicted.
    Ive been addicted to morphine, OCs, and percosets, and now im on suboxone to come off them but im addicted to suboxone now and i still do pills.
    Its no good dude

5. Yea kinda in the same situation. Ive just recently been doing oscars every day for the past couple weeks and im about to run outta dough so its gunna be extremely shitty when that happens. But to my luck my buddy just got perscribed to some suboxone too so ill be bumming those fuckers for a while to get off the shit, wish i never started

6. realistically....most opiate addicts will never fully get off opiates...whether it's heroin, to methadone, especially suboxone...." THE MIRACLE DRUG". hope you know how to dose your suboxone properly...PWS sucks dude

7. ya dude i know what you mean...you'll be clean for weeks or a few months then suddenly have a craving

• Like Like x 1
  8. ive stated it before and ill keep sayin it...IMO addicts are always addicts...it's just whether they are using or not....like me, i'll always be a heroin addict, but at the moment I'm not using. Last weekend, yeah I used, during the week, no I didn't. i dunno how to explain it. you know what I mean though buddy?

9. yea dude...like you'll think you are fine then like out of no where it hits you

10. I'd leave that shit alone and smoke some herb instead, but hey, good luck trying them anyways :D

11. I have opiates but I rarely ever use them. Usually when I need to sleep off a super long party. And, I only use a little bit. A small dose is still enough to help you sleep, and doesn't seem like it's addictive.

If you want to get fucked up, drink alcohol instead..

12. worst advice ever.

13. Its not that bad of advice.

14. exactly. its fucking horrible.

15. Ehhh, I wouldn't say that, my dude. Not all addicts stay addicts for the rest of their lives. I'm livin' proof of that. :) I mean, yeah, of course I get "cravings" for it every now and again, but I get cravings for all sorts of drugs, whether it be herion, meth, or just plain 'ol weed. :D It really just depends on what kind of weekend I feel like havin', lol. A lot of people tell me I'm wrong when I say that once you break an addiction, you can still use that drug "safely".. You just gotta learn from your mistakes and use MODERATION. I mean, shit, I still shoot up to the point where I can't even see 5 feet in front of me and I'm a fuckin' medical student, for christ's sake. But then again, I only fuck with H now maybe like 2 weekends outta the whole year. Past addicts can still have fun with opiates, as long as they're extremely careful and smart about it. It also helps to have people by your side to smack you silly if you ever started fallin' back into the shit again.. :eek: Maybe it's just me, dude, but I definitely wouldn't consider myself an addict still.

But then again, I went through 6 months of some fuckin' hardcore rehab. Spent Christmas when I was 16 lyin' on a bed convulsing because I was so sick. Maybe it's just the memories keepin' me from slippin' back into the old way of things.. Definitely weren't some good times.

• Like Like x 1
  16. turth

17. oh yeah fo sho...i do heroin probably once or twice every 2 weeks...but im still a heroin addict :p i dunno. i could have phrased what i was trying to say better