Overwatering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by asparks, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Does this look like overwatering? Leaves look perfectly healthy but definitely pointing downwards. Last I watered was yesterday. I think before that it was 3 days before

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Nope I would try watering when you poke a finger in the top inch or so and it's dry instead or moist or wet

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. Yeah that's what I usually do but after watering yesterday they drooped downwards within an hour. Maybe try watering a lesser amount?

4. I would put them in bigger pots with more perlite and over watering is almost impossible at 50%perlite and 50% soil just feed them after 3-4 weeks or as soon as you see signs of deficiencys nitrogen is easy the bottom leafs will start to turn yellow if you don't have a nutrient lined up let me know I can try to help you with a cheap and simple effective formula I use lucus formula with general hydroponic nutes bloom,micro, Cali magic, and ebsom salt that's it the entire grow for veg and flower dosage is different not a huge difference but in veg week 1 3mls Cali magic, 1/5tsp ebsom salt, 2mls micro, 3mls bloom week 2 3mls cali magic, 1/5 tsp ebsom salt, 3mls micro, 5mls bloom week 3 to harvest 3mls Cali magic, 1/5tsp ebsom salt, 6mls micro, 9mls bloom this is for autos so you can increase in week 3 of flower to 3mls Cali magic, 1/5 tsp ebsom salt, 8mls micro, 16mls bloom for photos and see great results with minumal money involved all per gallon also in soil feed every other watering so 1 watering is plain pH water and 1 is feeding the formula in Coco coir perlite mix you would feed every feeding I'm seeing huge results check out my grow on autoflower network here's the link
    First Coco grow

5. They will always droop right after watering. As long as they perk back up as they're drying out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to figure out what I should do for nutes but there's so many different opinions out there. I'm happy to see some exact measurements so I may go out and get those. I'll probably transplant into 5 gallon containers soon then and I'll up my percentage of perlite in the mix. Right now I'm at around 30% perlite 70% soil. I heard that adding too much perlite right away could cause nute burn because of the nitrogen it contains so I didn't want to shock them all at once with them still being small. Sweet grow man I like the setup. Are those 600watt led's?

7. I've been trying to figure out what I should do for nutes but there's so many different opinions out there. I'm happy to see some exact measurements so I may go out and get those. I'll probably transplant into 5 gallon containers soon then and I'll up my percentage of perlite in the mix. Right now I'm at around 30% perlite 70% soil. I heard that adding too much perlite right away could cause nute burn because of the nitrogen it contains so I didn't want to shock them all at once with them still being small. Sweet grow man I like the setup. Are those 600watt led's?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/QUOTE]No you won't get nute burn from adding perlite whoever told you that is a idiot I used to use hot soil fox farm ocean forest 50/50 mix perlite with autos and never got burn when using even a nutrient abundant soil like ffof and I also fed then starting week 4-6 depending on when all upward growth stops but now using Coco coir and I'm killing soil 2xs as fast growth also I'm using 1 1600 Mars hydro led and 1 600 watt ipower led on a light mover to cover 2x4 with the 600 since it's better coverage is 3x3 at best and the Mars 1600 is 4.5x4.5 it's actually getting a ton of light on the one side of those plants from both lights planning on doing some lst bowel training using the fence to tie the branches down to get light to lower buds easier

8. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/QUOTE]No you won't get nute burn from adding perlite whoever told you that is a idiot I used to use hot soil fox farm ocean forest 50/50 mix perlite with autos and never got burn when using even a nutrient abundant soil like ffof and I also fed then starting week 4-6 depending on when all upward growth stops but now using Coco coir and I'm killing soil 2xs as fast growth also I'm using 1 1600 Mars hydro led and 1 600 watt ipower led on a light mover to cover 2x4 with the 600 since it's better coverage is 3x3 at best and the Mars 1600 is 4.5x4.5 it's actually getting a ton of light on the one side of those plants from both lights planning on doing some lst bowel training using the fence to tie the branches down to get light to lower buds easier

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your input a lot, I'm definitely going to use this going forward. I'll be posting more in the coming weeks so we'll see how it turns out!

9. Ecoscraps organic mix with 30% perlite