Overwatering vs underwatering

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by willfargo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. i have new clones in a dwc system. water is about half inch below the net pot, and i water from above daily until the roots come through. leaves seem to be sagging down a bit, and im nervous about determining over/under watering to treat. what does it look like from these pictures?

Attached Files:

2. What are you watering it with (ppm & pH)? looks like something is not right with that as opposed to a watering issues

:wave:

3. ph is between 5.6-5.9
    ppm of nutes in bucket are 300
    ppm of water from top is 100
    tap water is 60...

some leaves felt a bit crisp

4. Are the plugs getting bone dry ever? Not good if so. When was the clone cut?

5. its been in this set up for about a week, they were cut 11 days before i got them. i got a bit of nute burn last week so i halted nutrients and used ph water with just a bit of RapidStart

6. im worried it could be nitrogen deficient.. but i also dont want to over nute

7. tough call. Just keep watering them. If it were me I'd switch it up between light nute water and pH water until I had roots.

Are these in rooters or cubes?

If in rooters you could make a mini dwc cloner bucket until they root then move to the net pots. I generally wait till I have roots until I pot them so once again tough call from my perspective.

8. I buried one of the 2 about an inch deeper into the pot. so we'll see what happens. if it gets better, i know its underwatering. if it gets worse... its overwatered

9. well i got a little worried and just did a flush. poured ph'd water over the plants and hydroton and filled the buckets with ph'd water. i'll take a picture in the morning

10. Don't forget the the airs tones are suppose to splash water on the rocks to lure the roots down

11. I also noticed depresed if I watered to closed to the rapid rooter because the rapid rooter would get super soggy

12. ur roots can use as much water as there is oxygen

:confused::D:hello:

13. Not sure what rapid rooter is. I just checked on them and they are even dryer. Its just the 2 in dwc... My hempy bucket plant is fine. I removed them from the dwc and popped them into solo cup hempy bucket starters... hoping to revive them and build up a bigger root mass before moving them back into the dwc. My last plant almost suffered died from being too deep as a clone in dwc and was saved in a hempy bucket so I have high hopes for the morning. Why can't I get my dwc to work. .. What the hell

14. Rapid Rooter:
    [​IMG]

I think you are using too large of net pot for the DWC bubble action to keep the rapid rooters moist. Some people have to flood their DWC pots to overcome this issue.

15. I almost lost my last set of clones from flooding them in my dwc

16. I'll tinker with water levels in a few days when they get transplanted back. I did run a quick experiment with the hempy bucket hospital transplant though... good results. I did one with all perlite and one with perlite int he res and a mix of about 20/80 perlite/coco. coco mix recovered MUCH butter. leaves are smoothing out and more supple

17. Well they've been in their hempy hospital buckets for a few days. One has recovered pretty well. they other... doesnt look much different. i started nutes, got a bit of burn on the one thats showed progress, but it did help it to perk up more. roots look good. any help?!

18. So i had some wilting and leathering again today... i may have linked it to milk. i have treated PM twice with a diluted milk mixture. leaves wilt and get leathery, then a few days later the growth is ridiculous. any experience with milk??