Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Overpaying for bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by fitftw, May 29, 2012.

1. I used to have a badass connect that hooked me up with 14 grams for $180. Shit was fire, too.

Well, he got caught and now I only have my backup connect. He doesn't carry weight. He offered me an eighth + 4 gram bags for $120. Is that overpriced or what? 7.5g for $120. I was paying $180 for 14g.

So how about it? Ever overpaid but you had no other choice? What would you do in my situation? This shit sucks.

2. thats what i pay man. just gotta deal with it. dont pay more than that but 120 for a quarter isnt crazy

3. I don't know where you live but for most people 14 grams of even the dankest is not a hookup for $180 - thats pretty standard if not a bit overpriced..honestly thats a very slight price break for a half OZ

And that new deal sounds completely whack

4. I live here in Canada and anything over $10 a gram seems to be overpaying... I usually get a half O of nice quality for $120. I remember paying $50 for 5 grams once, and it was the worst nug of my life.

5. While $120 isn't ideal, it isn't bad. I get my quarters for $100 so it's not like you are getting a terrible deal. I pay $50 an 8th so I would pay $200 for a half. I am paying ~$14/gram while you were paying ~$12/gram. A good deal but like someone else said, it could be better. And $200 for me is without the price break (which my dude lovesss to give).

I would honestly just go with what you got. 7.5 grams for $120 is $16 a gram, only $4 more than what you would usually pay through your dank hookup.

6. I wouldn't over pay never ...... I just won't smoke but if you are fiening and can't wait .... Then what's gonna happen when u don't have money?? U gonna do sexual favors ???

7. I fein allday haha lmao... I used to pay 350 a oz now I found a new dude 250:) made me love tx soo much more lol.

People in my town pay 140+ a quater..

8. #8 fitftw, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    If the day comes when I don't have money and am fiening, then I just won't smoke lol

I do have the money. I just blow through weed so quick. I need to learn to smoke once or twice a day, maybe half a gram a day instead of a full gram.

I just don't know if my dealer is fucking me over or what. Not sure what he pays, because he gets it from someone else and I don't know how to ask him how much he pays or if I could get it directly from his guy.

All this wasted money pisses me off. Once medical MJ dispensaries pop up like they should be soon, I won't be burning money like this.

9. $180? Decent price for USA, actually. In most places, you will pay well over 200. Some cities cheaper of course, but I reckon that's a good average.

Canadians would laugh at you though.

10. Op I'm not trying to say 180 is a bad price, its just probably the absolute average for a 1/2
    And please never buy from someone who doesn't give you price breaks on larger buys

11. yeah right now I have no choice but to get fucked. Can't really haggle with dealers, can I?

Next time I buy from this guy, I'm not taking any shit from him. I buy 7g or 14g. I don't want to pay more than $100 for 7g or $180 for 14g and from now on I won't pay more than that. He can find someone else to sell to.

12. Yes id say you getting ripped off, id only pay 70-100 bucks for that much weed. But i also live in cali :3
    Where do u live? It could also depend on your location.

13. In my neck of the woods things have been bad lately. Around this time last year I was getting 90/q for some shit that would stink if .2 was sitting out, looked beautiful, smoked nice, properly cured/flushed. Now I'm paying the same prices for half the quality, growers/dealers in my area are very, very greedy atm.

14. 180 for a half is pretty standard. But I do hate when my regular connect is nowhere to be found and I have to settle buying from bitch ass dealers that wanna skimp you out and charge more. But what can you do, supply and demand homie.

15. Yeah I did the same shit when I had no other choice, hated it

16. I just don't know if my dealer is fucking me over or what. Not sure what he pays, because he gets it from someone else and I don't know how to ask him how much he pays or if I could get it directly from his guy.

Don't ask .... If you dont know the guy it puts him in an awkward position but fick it ask him .....if you wanna be lied to

Step on toes much ?

17. If u are in a med state that is way to much. Cali bud bomb out door 125 an I dank indoor 200 an o

18. There are no dispensaries here in NJ yet, but medical has been legal for over 2 years. Go figure.

Once a dispensary finally opens up, I'll be able to get a card for my chronic back problems (Spondylolisthesis is the technical term) and won't have to spend outrageous amounts of money just to get high a handful of times. It's such bullshit, this $120 worth of weed will only last me MAYBE a week. Sometimes I wish I was into alcohol instead, or that the government would stop being greedy faggots and just legalize the amazing plant already.

19. It would be hard for me to go anything over 50 a quarter but that's just me

20. either some of you guys are straight lying or you're getting shitty bud.

$50 for 1/4oz? What the fuck? Where do you people live? Narnia?